Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gift ideas?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Homegrowroller, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Alrughty then. Me and the misses are fairly new to the wonders of miss Mary, I've got more experience than her, but still pretty new. I love taking a drag of a joint or a pipe, not a big bong fan, but no matter what she tries she can't hack it with the cough. She enjoys the high, but doesnt do it often and I'm trying to find a way for her to join me smoking, without hacking her lungs out, suggestions? Im personally thinking of getting her a vape, to eliminate the actual burning.

also random note, she actually enjoys eating the bud, just like chewing tobacco, wierd huh?

2. Vape the weed, itll reduce the coughing alot for her. Or so I've heard. Eating it raw is a waste IMO.

3. Well if she likes eating it
    Get 1/4th an ounce of Dank and make a fresh batch of brownies(8-10)
    you both would definately feel high from 1 or 2

4. Eating it raw is a complete waste. You don't get high ... Try some edibles.

EDIT: Delluhsion, from 2 of those brownies they would probably green out, haha.

5. Get her a Maryjane cookbook.... Its the gift that keeps on giving! The 1/4 mentioned before wouldn't hurt either

6. Green out? :eek: im confused

7. I got this one, Green out, like blacking out or whiting out (learned from pokemon gold for some reason they changed from Red version blacking out on later versions to whiting out) anyway its getting so high you pass out or green out.

8. Ohh.. your only suppose to eat like 1/4th a brownie right? i never made em so i woudent know

i never heard of people blacking out from weed... i heard of people throwing up
    How much do you have to smoke to pass out?(i just want to be careful)

9. I have no idea, I've never passed out, I guess you'd have to have an edible or two then start chaining bowls. then again my logic sucks when im blazed so...ignore me.

10. [quote name='"Delluhsion"']Ohh.. your only suppose to eat like 1/4th a brownie right? i never made em so i woudent know

i never heard of people blacking out from weed... i heard of people throwing up
    How much do you have to smoke to pass out?(i just want to be careful)[/quote]

It only happens with lots of the best of the best ha

11. It varies from person to person, depending on your body and your usual tolerance/intake (your tolerance will improve, that is, you will begin to be able to tolerate smoking more, and more, the more often you smoke).
    It's a bit easier to gauge or control your level of effect when smoking or vaping than it is when eating cannabis, but if you're new you can certainly still smoke too much if you get a little ahead of yourself. :) Much to our dismay that eventually gets harder to do, the more of a veteran you become :p

When you eat cannabis, especially your first time, you should always start slow.. you can always eat more if you don't feel as medicated as you'd like, but it's a bit difficult to un-eat a portion and reverse the effect, when you've had too much, after it's already started kicking in too hard.

Get her a decent little vape to start with, those folks with more experience with the newer models will give you a better idea based on your price range. Once you've both vaped or smoked enough to determine your comfortable or safe dosing zone, begin making edibles.

If you make a quality oil, you will want to consume less than you would normally smoke in a single sitting, to achieve a more powerful effect. Edible cannabis can be much more powerful than smoking the same amount, but only with the right processing... cutting corners by underprocessing, or by degrading the material with too much heat when trying to rush, can result in the need to multiply the necessary dose required, to compensate for the loss in potency.

12. Well imma stick to smoking weed, i only smoked around 50 times so i dont think im readdy to eat dah weed

13. I made the mistake of eating a consumable for my 2nd time.

14. eating the best, you dont think youre feelin a thing then, BOOM youre stoned off your ass.

15. Well with the recipe you gave, each brownie would have about .6-.75 grams of weed. Two of those would be about 1.2-1.4 grams. With no tolerance (OP said he's fairly new), .5 would get him crazy high and .75 (perfect...), would be the highest he ever got. And two brownies for somebody with no tolerance, well........

16. All this talk about weed brownies really got me interested...
    How much weed do i need to get/ how much brownies do i have to make so 1 brownie could get you high
    Im going to get friends to chip in cash

17. Well like I said, .75 is what I consider perfect. For some (most) people, that will get them REALLY stoned. Half a gram would get you stoned off your ass aswell, but might aswell push it too .75 :) I would suggest you try out a firecracker for your first time with edibles. Easier to control the dosage and it will get you just as high.

18. Ight, thanks ill talk to meh friends about this.

19. From earlier in this discussion:

"If you make a quality oil, you will want to consume less than you would normally smoke in a single sitting, to achieve a more powerful effect. Edible cannabis can be much more powerful than smoking the same amount, but only with the right processing... cutting corners by under-processing, or by degrading the material with too much heat when trying to rush, can result in the need to multiply the necessary dose required, to compensate for the loss in potency. \t\t"

So it can vary person to person, and from batch to batch of herb.. it's always a good idea to have a sample smoke of the material you plan to cook with, to judge the size dose you will need. Once you figure out how much you need, if you're a fledgling chef get a box of brownie mix (or better, if you have experience, make your own from scratch) and bake as directed, then cut the number you need. If you use 7 grams, and you normally smoke 0.35g in a session, that's 20 brownies you'll need to cut.

In the end, processing is crucial, it is why we have so much dosage discrepancy, and so many failed edible stories.

If you made your oil well, one dose, roughly the equivalent of the amount you'd usually smoke should comfortably set you off, while two will send you flying (maybe uncomfortably-so). If something went amiss, or you had to rush while making them, expect to need as many as two or even more portions.

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

If you're new in the kitchen and feel a bit apprehensive about cooking, heatless or cold recipes such as those picture below (also located in the above link) are a good option to protect your potency, once you've perfected your oil;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More brownie-related 'eye candy', from an earlier thread :) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(The mango and chocolate frosting both contain potency, as well as the 'space cake' itself)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can put cannabis into a large number of foods that you couldn't could detect, and wouldn't normally expect, to contain canna [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Oi! I said I was semi new thank you very much lol. Smoking I can smoke about 2-3 grams of the good stuff before I'm past my limit of bare bones functioning, a gram and a half and I'm flying having a blast. Her on the other hand, she seems to process it strangely. She'll get a decent body buzz and the munchies off eating a single gram raw, I'll be showing her the difference between raw and a firecracker, but the problem is she as stubborn a a fuckin mule. But thx for the input on the vape. Im considering the little vape pipes in the GC store.