Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gift Card

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fountaincityman, Dec 17, 2017.

1. I met a new dealer online who only accepts Visa Vanilla gift cards as payment. What would the reason be? He said it is for his protection, but I do not see how that is safer than cash.

I'm in a small town so there is only one place to buy them at, but if I use cash it should be untraceable correct?

2. He wants gift cards Because if he gets caught he'd lose all the cash he has on him, where as if he has say a $50 gift card on him the police won't take the gift card away because he can make up some bs story about it being a gift to him lol

3. Don't fucking do it, dude. There's gotta be a better way. If you insist on going this route, you may as well save yourself the time and effort and just set your money on fire, throw it on the ground, then sportily piss on the ashes.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Why is it such a bad idea? I don't follow your reasoning.

5. 'Cause it sounds like a fucking ripoff. It sounds like a fucking ripoff because it's a fucking ripoff. Online transactions of this nature almost absolutely never work out well. Try it if you must, I'm just saying...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oh, you don't understand how the transaction works.

I meet him hand him the gift card and he hands me the weed. The money is on the card rather than exchanged as cash. I met him online, but the transaction would be in person.

7. Then who gives a eff? Go buy the card. There's a lot of reasons why he only wants cards, both real and imaginary. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because Visa cards is what he takes and not cash. You either have that or you go elsewhere, you know what I mean? The #1 way to piss anyone off is to try and force them into taking a type of payment that they don't want. Not even talking about just weed here, but anything. He's told you what he expects and either you agree to it or move on. The reasons don't change the fact that you either accept that as a form of payment, or you don't.

8. That’s how it always starts. Meet in person, but more than likely he will msg saying somethings up or he will txt before he meets you asking for card number and PIN to “verify” the amount on it.

If something like that happens tell him you will call the number or look up the amount online once you meet in person, best of luck man.

9. Oh, okay! I'm glad it's that and not a shady online one. This should work out just fine.

10. thats hilarious and convoluted that he does that. Must be small time because there's limited ways to transfer those cards into anything but consumer goods.

11. It's a scam. Blade above already spelled out how it works:

12. I was broke a couple days before pay day once, I won an award at work and was given £50 gift card...my dealer was good to me he took the gift card as a payment

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum