giants '09 outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by giants80468, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Whats up blades?.
    This year I am going to do my first real attempt at growing and I am hoping to come out with a lot of some good buds by the end of the season.

The area where I am going to grow is actually in my backyard. I have a huge backyard and I have found the perfect spot. It is right next to a river and the soil is very fertile because it is an old river bed. It's very well secluded too due to alot of ingrown bushes and wild rasberry bushes. I also have no trespassing signs up too so the plot is very secure.

What I am planning on doing is to dig a hole for every plant I am going to have and put some fish on the bottom of every hole OldPork style and fill it half and half with top soil and the original soil.

I don't know how many plants I am going to have because I don't know how many bagseeds I am going to have by the end of winter. I am going to grow as many as I can. When the plants show their sex, I am going to cut the males down.

So yeah, if you have any pointers or criticizm just let me know, i am open to everything, no homo.

2. Also I forgot to say, I am starting all my plants indoors and then transplanting them outside after they get a few inches tall.

3. Oldpork style, hahahaha May the pot gods smile on your backyard patch. May I suggest keeping them in pots for a month before going to ground?

Attached Files:

4. id be careful putting them in an old river bedd cuz if it rains its a bad flood zone and your plants will drown.

5. Hope it all goes well. Some peoples plants around here get up to 6'. Pretty ridiculous.

Make sure the area won't flood(like said above). Other then that the plan sounds good.

6. sounds like it is going to be a good grow for this year. even if you dont get alot of bagseeds wait until your plants show sex and just take clones off of your strongest females and you know you wont waste space with the males. just an idea. good luck with your grow

7. 10' or more is more like it. ;)

8. Actually I have planted seedling in the ground that did well. It's just that if you are going to use the fish trick, you need to put the fish about an inch or two under a root ball that is a little larger than a solo cup. I find a 3 gallon root ball is just right.

9. thanks for the advice oldpork, I think I will grow them in buckets for the first month then do the fish trick.
    also, i haven't had a problem with flooding next to the river because for one the bed is about 4 or 5 feet higher than the river and its a small river. so I think its good unless I get hit by a really major storm but that is unlikely cause I'm in mass.

also, the ground I am growing in used to get wet and squishy kinda. and about 2 or 3 years ago, I went to home depot bought a big pipe and put it in the ground and it leads into the river, now the ground never gets like that even when I dig way down due to the drainage pipe.

10. Yo Pork got a question for ya.
    I think i remember seeing you start your grow outside in little cups.
    I know you waited to make sure they were female before you put them into the ground but, after words, how big of a pot did you use until you transplanted them into the ground?
    Thanks ahead of time :wave:.

11. They are about 3 gallon black plastic nursery containers, you can see them in my thread.

12. Great then, it sounds like a great spot and a truly great plan. FYI I always wait until after the wet spring is mostly over before I plant into the ground. Post some pics when you get things going, I'll be very interested in watching this one! Thanks

13. #13 giants80468, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    yeah I was planning on waiting until the really wet season was over before putting them straight into the ground, I'll have pics up once I get them going

have u ever had any really good results from bagseeds before oldpork?

14. Sure I have had good results, but I really think if you are going to put as much work as we put into it, and if you can afford to buy good genetics, then buy them. I like femmed seeds, they save space in the plot :)

15. If you look at Old Pork's grow last year you'll definently find some value in buying some femmed seeds! Sounds like you got a good plan going in a nice secluded area with a good water source, good luck!

16. I was thinking about getting some good genetics but it is my first real effort at growing. I kind of just want to get used to it before spending on genetics. I have gone through so many grow journals in the past couple of months and have read up on so much stuff, if it weren't for the internet, I would have no clue what I would be doing. Also, I have seen some bagseed grows that were absolutely amazing that made me want to grow bagseed.