Giant sky crystal?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Kid Solo Dolo, Mar 23, 2014.

1. So I was watching Futurama and in space that had this triangular crystal that a beam if light passed through and it emitted all the colors. Like on the Pink Floyd album. So I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if we could put something like that in orbit above earth. Then at certain times in the day or night the suns light would get reflected off of it.

I get that it isn't really reasonable to do considering cost and all. Just thought it would be cool.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395555526.953152.jpg

2. it would definitely be cool

3. Its called a prism.

An optical prism splits light into its component colors. And because white light is just all copies of lite mixed together, it splits into a rainbow.

They're super cool, and fun to play with. Especially if you gave different colored lasers.

4. I used to have a prism such good time playing with it, wish i knew where that went, and that would be a rather large prism If something like that were to ever be done :)

5. every time i see you i want to play tomb raider really bad lol

6. lel...that sounds like a gay terrorists plan
    "oh you naughty capitalist western bastards you, WELL, with my latest plan in place, I think you'll find it difficult to escape the radiance...WHEN THE ENTIRE EARTH IS BATHED IN...RAIIIINBOW LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!" and then he'd like start dancing around doing jazz hands and shit

7. Haha.
    You should. The old games are really cheap on steam now.

8. lucky that i have steam! and since Im a bit drunk im getting some now!