Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by CheebaWeeba, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Damn, another comeback.

I have to say, I am quite enjoying this period of some of the older titles are being mined/worked on to give us remade and new content for todays, and yesterdays gamers.

Look, it's been a pretty mixed bad though...with greatness like what they've done with the Wonder Boy/MonsterBoy series getting 4 new titles of late, to bullshit like "Double Dragon Neon" from a few years back...The last 5 years has given us a lot of the platforms of yesteryear, arcade to console, back to home PC and concole again...We've got the stellar Spyro & Crash/CTR remakes, River City Girls, Streets of Rage 4, Medevil, Castle of Illusion, The Lion King/Aladdin, Bubble Bobble 4 Friends, to name but a few.
    Not to mention Nintendos slew of comeback/neo oldschool titles and collections. Respect there.
    By and large, the majority of them have been pretty damn fun to visit/revisit.

You know what I'd really like to see re-done with new content?
    Quack-Shot.
    Anyone ever play that?
    One of Disneys best and most well rounded platformers.

So...yeah...Ghosts & Goblins Resurrection.

Not the first "comeback" for this series, there was a decent attempt back in the PS2/xbox era to bring the series into 3D...while it wasn't quite the same, it wasn't half as bad as some 2D to 3D attempts like
    "Fade to Black" (Sequel to one of my all time favourite games, Flashback, and still a sore spot for me)
    Bubsy. Earthworm Jim etc - it stood head and shoulders above those.
    Sure, the "Maximo" games which were alright, but I've always held those as kind of "spiritual" sequels that didn't quite capture the magic of the originals.

There's been a few ports and earlier remakes on handheld systems as well, never much looked into those.

The core titles though?
    What 80's/90's kid didn't have their ass kicked by at least ONE of the G&G family?
    A lot of fond memories though...I never much liked the original title enough (and it was just...way too difficult for kid me) to invest much time, but I played the HELL out of Ghouls & Ghosts.
    A soundtrack that's been stuck in my damn head since.
    It was a difficult, unforgiving game...but one that you could learn, and master.
    I'll admit, I never got to the end back in the day.

Funny, in the last few years I've found out that there was quite a different version on the SNES than what we got on the Sega Megadrive...might have to check that out on an emulator.

So, Resurrection looks to be something like a mashup of elements from the original two titles...with added content, different stages, enemies new and old, reworked (and I'm guessing original) soundtrack, graphics upgrade, new stages completely, new and old enemies, weapons, and power moves...and interestingly, the incorporation of a multiplayer co-op mode.
    I am quite hanging out to get this...seems like it's currently only on switch which I can work with if I need to, if not I'm waiting for the PS4/PC release.
    Looks good.
    Here's a couple videos:

So, who's ready?
    If at first you don't succeed...die, and die again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ohhh I'm Definetley Getting This Game! ICW! Thanks For Sharing an Telling Me/Us @CheebaWeeba You The Best!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fark yeah looks amazing i used to load this badboy up on zx spectrum and amstrad cpc 464 back in the day!!

4. Streets of rage 4 will be incoming on switch once the price comes down... :love-m3j: