Ghosthunting (Paranormal research)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BlueMoon890, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Well I didnt really know where else to put this on grasscity, but because it is a little bit of a taboo subject, people (some) dont really like to believe that there are spirits on this earth.

I've been in the field of paranormal research for about half a year now. Im still an amateur, but I live in the Chicago land area. Ive visited Bachelor's Grove Cemetary numerous times. and various other supposedly haunted cemetaries around west Chicago.

A little backround on Bachelor's Grove;

http://bachelorsgrove.com/

the cemetary is only about an acre, surrounded by a chainlink fence which has been destroyed in parts on all sides. the cemetary is surrounded by a forest preserve, a bog(you know the swampy green algae covered water pits) and on the other side of the bog you can see the cars on the turnpike. The path which leads into the forest preserve to the cemetary was once a paved road, and is cracked and beaten to shit nowadays, and crossed the stream which lays about 100 feet from the burial ground. the crossing of the stream is destroyed and trees have grown over the side of the road across the stream. however on the other side of the creek there is a plant-covered well, supposedly where a little girl drowned (urban legend states this is the infant daughter, which i will bring up later), a foundation of a house( only a few stones remain, you wouldnt know it was a house unless someone told you) and there is another foundation somewhere off in the forest which i have not yet found. the forest preserve records show that these were the only two homes built in the woods.

Anyways about the road; this road was used in the prohibition era by Chicago gangsters who would bring back dead bodies, and proceed to dump them into the bog. By urban legend there have been around 20 bodies found in the bog (keep in mind this is back in the days without forensic science.) in recent years there have been numerous murders in the woods surrounding the cemetary, including a teenage girl who was found raped and murdered by a mushroom hunter (no guys i dont think he was searching for psilos haha. i thought of that too.) Satanic cults have been spotted practicing their rituals at the cemetary and there are many many cases of reported paranormal activity. Police dont patrol the area often because of fright, and many people wont wander in here at night. its actually not a very good idea unless your with a good number of people ( I usually go with about 4 others.)

The cemetary has around more than one hundred plots i believe but as a result of assholes who come in and vandalize and remove tombstones, only about 20 remain, many of which are covered by weeds, knocked over, in different places from where they are actually buried or destroyed(cracked,broken). Its pretty sad.

The one main attraction is the infant daughter, her grave is on the other side of the "Fulton" Family monument, and is very close to the hole in the fence by the bog. at the infant daughters grave ( her name is Emma Fulton but the original tombstone is in the museum. ) (the new one plainly says infant daughter) people leave personal belongings as urban legend states it will bring good luck. she is supposedly the youngest soul in the cemetary, and is probably the little girl who drowned in the well. a strange thing about her grave is that throughout the entire visit when you are there, no matter where you are standing in the cemetary you have a general feeling of unease, like something is going to come out and grab you, or somebody is going to come out and stab you. (satanist). Now this could be because the cemetary is very small, in the middle of the forest preserve, and because each side of the fence has an opening. however, the strange thing is, when you are close to the infant daughters grave, you feel almost at ease, and protected, i asked my buddy where he felt safe, he also said the infant daughters grave. weird.

The times we have went, we have gone with our little shitty analog voice recorder. weve never caught anything too convincing on that, but we have had many personal experiences. we plan on purchasing a k2 (electromagnetic frequency detector) and digital recorder soon.

One time when we wre there we met up with some other kids who were there for the same purpose as us. we continued to search with them throughout the evening, soon after they left, and we noticed one of the gates had closed about half way,( this gate had been wedged into the dirt) we called them and asked if they had moved it at all, and how it was when they left. they said they did not move it and told us how it was when they left. it had changed position from when they left to the time that we called them.

My friend has claimed to have seen a figure standing on one side of the fence leaning up against it, when he looks back its gone. this friend has also had immense pain in his head, and also a temporary deaf ear while present.

We were attempting to get answers by a specific grave one evening, four of us were present, 2 of which i could see, and my friend behind me who was asking questions. i was looking out over the cemetary. he was finishing the questions when i heard a voice say "go" or "no" or some sort of sound similar to that in my right ear. it was about an inch from my ear, and was a crisp sounding whisper, as if someone had their lips directly next to my ear. it creeped me out. and im one hundred percent sure i heard it, even though i was high, i never just hear things. i of course asked my friend if it was him who said it. he insists to this day it wasnt him, and gets mad when i accuse him of it. also the other people said he was looking at the grave the entire time. i trust him though because he is as serious about this as I am.

Thats about it for experiences at Bachelor's Grove cemetary, I will be heading out there many more times in the future if anyone from the city would like to join me.

peace guys

2. damn, seriously no one is into this kind of stuff? i thought this would be a hot thread.