GHG's Sunkissed Backside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GreenHardtGrower, Aug 15, 2015.

1. That's good info Brass! That's the reason I didn't buy the blood or bone meal...

Do you have a recipe you can drop here for me?

~GHG~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners
    Same one most of us loosely base on..
    I've skipped the lime on later mixes and used a touch of sulfur as my 8.5 PH local city water eventually pushed my soil to the alkali side or so I feel..
    1/3rd peat - plus the 20 bags of once run FFOF I originally bought is in there someplace
    1/3rd perlite
    1/3rd ecoscraps compost..
    Amendments was massive amounts of chicken manure and alfalfa on the original thermal mix and let it cook down for a month.. Later on as I ran down additional amendments I'd blend them in between runs.. Now I have an out of service pile about as big as what's in use so I usually dig out the sites and refill with fresh fully amended blend.. Depends on how strong I feel and how the last run did..

BNW

• Like Like x 5
  3. Went back to the store. I saw the pallet of EcoScraps at Home Depot while I was walking around the other day, but gone today. Sounds like some great stuff, but what I found was some local compost from a place called Cedar Grove.

Everything that was left at Home Depot had some sort of bovine manure or other bio solids. This stuff is just food scraps and garden cuttings and it smells good, so I bought 2 bags

Also picked up the chicken manure @ 2 bags - I took a scientific wild ass guess (SWAG) at BNW's exact scientific quantifiable measurement "massive amounts", lol... I can always use some of this in my garden. Suppose to be in the upper 60's and sunny soon here and I'm looking forward to it! I'm ready to get my GROW ON!

So the updated list is:
    Pro-mix (1 bail)
    Dr Earth soil (2 bags)
    Cedar Grove Compost (2 bags)
    Azomite
    Kelp meal
    Neem seed meal
    Humic acids (granular)
    Crab meal
    Alfalfa meal
    All purpose natural fertilizer from Down To Earth
    EWC

Mycorrhiza

Also I have coco, perlite and lime if needed

So what we have here are these 25 gal smart pots full of last years promix, which I need to flush some more before I use it, even though it's been sitting out here all winter getting PNW rained on. I don't want any salt in there messing with my turd hurd!
    IMG_0426 (1).JPG

I also want to build a couple of big blue SIP's, which probably will need another 15 gallons each... 130 gallon pile I need to make.

~Guess it's time for a ~Dab~ and see, just what the condition of these things actually is...

Also, still thinking of getting some green sand in there. It may take a long time to break it down, but as I understand, the herd is breaking off nips after 30 days and making some available. Besides, I plan on keeping this stuff around for a while

@bnw
    Is there talk of the azomite / humic acid conflict in the simple organics thread?

~GHG~

• Like Like x 5
  4. In ITGs easy soil thread is where I wanna say it came up most often.. If it's not there it'll be in the No-till or the Organic Lounge.. My top 3 hangouts..

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working the land, and it smells like living!

~GHG~

• Like Like x 7
  6. Nice.

• Like Like x 3
  7. The cake is baking!!
    IMG_1896.JPG IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1904.JPG

~GHG~

• Like Like x 7
  8. I gotta start buying my ingredients...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spent the day with these two Kritikal-k's putting them out to pasture...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And put this gizmo together!!! Kinda stoked about some kitchen scraps!
    [​IMG]

~GHG~

• Like Like x 5
  10. [​IMG]

~GHG~

• Like Like x 4
  11. What a view!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. That box on the fence tho... lol...
    ~GHG~

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hide it behind something!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lol the rest makes up for it maybe add another plant over there. Or just paint it brown lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

15. I know, I have this Kritikal-K sitting in my living room now that I should have told mama to grab and stick out there on the wall real fast lol...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 2
  16. The light was actually just perfect, right then... even as I walked out... what I saw that drew me out there was fading away, lol.. so all I could do was snap a couple pics, lol.. The tree is filling in over the pond and it gives it a much more rich green color to the yard now...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stuff will grow up around it all there... just not their time yet... I haven't seen my fish yet, but they always seem to surprise me. Just when I figure they must be dead and start draining the pond, so I can do a solid cleaning in it, the fish start flopping around on the bottom. Well I haven't had the electric fence up for well over a year, so if they are in there, I would say I can take the box down anyway...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ghg

Do you use bubble bags ?

I was thinking of getting a set when harvest time comes ( if I make it that far ) and making ice hash. Looks easy enough but what's your take on them

• Like Like x 3
  19. I have a set of bubble bags I got to make water hash, which I've made a few times. However it's susceptible to molding if not properly stored, so the second time I micro planed the material onto cardboard after I froze the piles I got from each bag to help dry better, but that's more work and even with a drill attachment making water hash is some work, lol...

I like the dry sift stuff and so that's what I've been babbling in trying to get some full melt bubbleheads.

I like BNWs hash master and you're, right dry ice hash looks pretty easy to make. I'll probably try that this next run if I have a lot of material.

~GHG~

• Like Like x 3
  20. Good to know.

Like I said though I'm not buying any harvest equipment until I reach it.

I have seen brass dry ice machine lol. And I have everything to make what he has going on.

As for the water hash I was thinking of using modified blender to do the mixing

• Like Like x 2