GHG's Sunkissed Backside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GreenHardtGrower, Aug 15, 2015.

1. I dont see any vids ghg

2. #203 GreenHardtGrower, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    2016 Outdoor Grow
    Starting the year off by figuring out what I have from last year!

DId a little post mortem on these root balls from last summer. I haven't dug too far into the big pots... I assume lots of roots have rotted away by now, but I honestly didn't even expect to be able to rip these top pots off by hand given the size of these things when they came down.
    IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0426 (1).JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0428 (1).JPG
    IMG_0429 (1).JPG

Everything looks easily reusable for some autos to me! I'm thinking of flushing these some more - its pro-mix and it's been raining since they came down, I can't imagine there's too much left in there, but I wan't to mix some organics in and run these things again with some autos and who knows ;)

~GHG~

3. I want to grow pot... Lots of pot... Fields of pot... I dream of fields of pot... I go to sleep with pot and I wake with it climbing out of the walls and deep into my nose... It surrounds me, envelops me. It shades me, feeds me, medicates me. I live to grow it... Mostly it grows me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Okay folks, have a serious question! Harvest is slowly approaching and I was wondering what are you guys preferred method of drying? Do you hang the plant as a whole or trim first and hang the branches? What are the benefits of each ?

5. I've never hung a whole plant. I like to trim while the plant is still wet, because the product looks better in the end and it's easier to deal with, while the leaves still have some turgidity, rather than being floppy and sticky or dry, crumbly and messy. Also if the bud is dry all those heads are falling off as it's being handled. Generally I take branches and hang them, but it all depends on the weather in terms of humidity and temp and my workload and space available. My last harvest almost all went through the bowl trimmer and onto nets to dry for about 5 days and then I cured them in mason jars, because I had to do it all. This time I will hang and hand trim more of the buds. If I was in it for the hash I would probably defan and hang it whole, that way all the leaves would dry around the bud protecting the heads for processing later on...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks GHG always helpful! One more question, could you tell me how or link something to show how to make edibles with the trim?

7. Have you got a plan lined up for your harvest?

~GHG~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. what do you mean specifically ?

9. I assumed you were getting ready to harvest, based on your question regarding drying and trimming.
    This is BadKats thread... a lot of great info when it comes to tincture, edibles and caps. Lots of recipes etc...
    https://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb...

I'm not a fan of butter, but here is a simple way to get those heads off your trim and into some coconut oil. Or even vegetable oil etc...

1. Combine:
    1 Cup Coconut Oil
    1 t- 1 T Sunflower Lecithin or some amazing Organic Liquid Soy Lecithin: If you reeeeallly don"t like the flavor of lecithin use 1 teaspoon. Otherwise, use 1 Tablespoon per cup
    in a crockpot on warm or low. *Try to keep oil near 160° for best results* For even better results, try the Magical Butter Machine.
    2. Add:
    1 Cup Organic Cannabis (about 7g or 1/4 oz.) Decarboxylated
    Stir every half hour or so.
    After 2-3 hours of heating and steeping, turn off the crockpot and allow the oil to cool before moving onto the next step.
    3. Set up your strainer so it fits snugly in a container. Line with a large piece of cheesecloth.

4. Slowly pour plant matter and oil into the strainer.

5. Using a string or twist tie, gather the cheesecloth around the plant matter and secure.

6. Squeeeeeeze that sh*t.

7. Pour oil into a pint jar and place in the fridge until cool. Seal with a lid. Store in refrigerator or in a cool, dark place.

Spread it on toast. Make Wake & Bake recipes with it. Rub it on your achy body parts.

~GHG~

10. #211 PNWClosetGrower, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
    Take a pound of butter and an ounce of trim or buds. melt the butter in about 4 cups of water in a crock pot or pan in the water then add the trim and simmer for an hour or two then strain it out through about 4 layers of cheese cloth and twist it and the end to get the last bit out into a bowl. stick the bowl in the fridge and let it cool for a few hours. pull it out, cut the butter that's on top and hard now in quarters and break it off, each one is one cube of cannibutter. I actually used about a half ounce of trim and an ounce of bud in that and it made four just bad ass batches of cookies. I'm fat, i'm a fan of butter![​IMG]

11. can't wait to get my mom some butter

She would bake up a storm

• Like Like x 1
  12. VVVV
    VVVV
    Dozens of ways to get it done
    Any oil will work as the solvent we just like coconut because of it's speed to enter the body, The fact it doesn't require bile to digest makes it a win win deal breaker..
    I've made my hash caps with most of the oils I have on hand and a few I picked up specifically for making caps
    Coconut oil
    Palm oil
    Butter
    Margarine
    Bacon fat
    Crisco
    MCT = Medium Chain Triglyceride ( usually derived from a mix of palm and coconut )
    Avocado oil
    Virgin Olive oil
    All worked but Coconut is fastest being one of the shorter chain triglyceride oils usually taking 45 min.. Bacon fat was about the slowest needing 90 minutes..
    Always use Lecithin of some kind.. Soy is best but sun flower is acceptable.. Liquid, Granules, Powder.. This is your Power Adder, Nitrous, Multiplier, Turbocharger, BASF ( we make it better ).. Read up on liposomal encapsulation for more information on just why we use it.. It makes more of less..
    The ratio is 6 to 1.. Oil to lecithin..
    1 tablespoon oil = 1/2 teaspoon lecithin
    14.7 ml oil = 2.5 ml lecithin
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. back up

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice man, outdoor too! it will take me a couple days till I'm caught up reading here, but it sounds like a fun ride so far.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks brother! Indeed, take your time, there may be some good info, there is certainly some great pics and it pretty much encapsulates one hell of an awesome summer under the cover of weed.

~GHG~

• Like Like x 4
  16. Damn GH give us the summer line up!! I'm genuinely excited to see what you do this year man. I'm living vicariously through you so dont disappoint haha

• Like Like x 4
  17. lol.... I don't have my plan solidified, yet... I just know I need to get some organics on. Probably not the true organics I was hoping for, because I don't have a spot to let 100 gallons of dirt cook in the back for weeks. Bottom line I want to see what watering from the hose looks like. I'm looking for an easier grow than last year, but one of the reasons those trees were so darn huge was the amount of water I fed them each day... 4 plants took up about 15-20 gallons each day. Of course, they were also in smarts so they dried out faster than normal, I'm sure...

This year I'm also making a large 19 gallon SIP pot BNW style... still collecting some water bottles for that, lol.. I want two actually, one for dirt and one for coco.

In terms of auto's I have:
    Heisenbergs
    Cheese auto
    Durban Poison (love this stuff)
    Candy Cane

Harvest starts today, so once everything is pulled down and processed, I'll have the time and space to start working on my epic clone wars and my OD grow...

~GHG~

• Like Like x 5
  18. Went to the store and picked up some:
    Pro-mix
    Azomite
    Kelp meal
    Neem seed meal
    EWC
    Humic acids (granular)
    Mycorrhiza

Also I have coco, perlite and lime if needed

-Still need some compost

Thinking about getting some blood meal, green sand and some sort of bat guano for bloom, perhaps as a top dress?

I'll fetch some more goodies tomorrow and then bust the baby pool and tarp out and start some mixing!!

~GHG~

• Like Like x 3
  19. Most of us skip the blood and bone meal.. We can do better and it can draw diggers.. We don't want the possibility of the high levels of antibiotics and the general quality of the slaughter grade critters it comes from.. Avoid cotton meals and feather as well..
    Green sand takes years to become usable..
    I'd use one of the shell meals like crab, lobster or oyster
    I like alfalfa for it's low cost and it's usually easy to find.. 50 pound sacks of Horse chow from the feed store is 15 clams..
    The larger pellets are my choice as it's not ground so fine.. Adds a bit of aeration as it comes apart..
    Chicken manure from Lowes..
    Compost I use Ecoscraps from Home depot.. Fair quality..
    Azomite can have some aluminum issues when used with high levels of humic/fulvic acids..
    BNW

• Like Like x 4