Ghetto Homemade Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by weedisneed, May 24, 2014.

1. This is my homemade 40 dollar setup for right now lol

Very very ghetto but thats what you get from being from Indianapolis ha!

Anyways

I changed my soil because that other shit was terrible. They are on happy frog ocean forest now. A few of them look like theyre def ganna die, and I dont blame them. The closet they were in was 95 degrees and I hadn't checked on them in over a day. I got caught up somewhere and couldnt get home.
    Now they are in a bedroom in a closet space that does not have a door. This way there is fresh air and I have fans regulating the temp. I am using a humidifer to help the dryness but I dont know if thats really helping or not :unsure:
    The temp now is 74 degrees and been level for a few hours so thats good.
    They are under about 9600 lumens right now altogether and they are 6500K bulbs. I will add more as time goes on and money becomes something I have :blink:

I planted 8 plants at first because I knew some of them probably wont make it. I want to learn all I can and try to improve. Money is a huge issue right now so thats why my setup is what it is. *Thats why im growing in the first place..cant afford the bud every week :(*

my ultimate goal is to have a HPS setup and an actual grow tent that has proper air circulation setup.
    But this will have to do for now.
    Not bad for a first time growin' woman I guess. Wish my plants luck B)

Attached Files:

2. oh and they are like a week old by the way I didnt mention that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Not bad for $40. You should add a few lights each paycheck until you have 5000 lumens per plant. You will need warm spectrum for flower, so if you start buying those to make dual spectrum, you won't then need to shell out for a ton of new bulbs when you want to flip.

4. I just bought some more last night :) im at 14500 lumens now. ima keep adding lol I really want a HPS but just haven't had all the money for it.

5. last nite more bulbs

Attached Files:

6. Nice job, that should work nicely for a while. It would help to have a bigger fan. It really strengthens them up if they have a constant wind on them. Careful not to water too often. Just 2 more to transplant and you could have 6 nice plants. :hello: :smoking:

7. I have a 20 inch box fan too. Should I use that or to much?

8. #8 snoopdog6502, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    Big box fan is too much at this point LOL, wait and get a little one. low at a distance is fine.

I have to say I respect a grower who jumps in and goes for it and build a set up the best he can with whats on hand.

Its a damn good start and will only get better.

look at this thread, mike started a little over 3 months ago with a humble set up and will be chopping bud soon. You can do it too.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1287076-first-grow-eva-help-welcomed.html

Good luck!

9. What She* can ;)

Hey Thank you alot ive researched alot and still want to improve I want alot of things in the future when I have thw $ :)

10. I would go ahead and use the box fan on low or something.

11. I'm impressed $40.00? but for correct inter nodal spacing do ensure you have even light distribution and are using a balance of 2700 kelvin and 5600 kelvin, as red makes lanky plants and blue makes short squat plant ...lol, light proof those roots by using tape or black pots, please ensue electricity is above the waist and water is below 

great grow, hope you include this in a journal ..?

12. yes this is in a journal