Ghetto Grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hash1, Oct 9, 2008.

1. So im starting a ghetto grow because im broke obviously. Ive germinated some healthy looking seedling a there now in there pot waiting to sprout. As you know im on a very low budget so basically the only thing I will be buying once my babies sprout is some grow lights.

Im looking to get some tips for a ghetto grow? :smoking:

Thanks!

2. Walmart cheap ass CFL's.

I picked up a 2 150 watt bulbs for 10 bucks a piece. Took apart a old lamp shade and hung from ceiling. Got a light fixture Y splitter. Workes great :)

I formally used there grow tubes with shitty results.

3. Thanks m8 right in my budget! :smoke:

4. Remember that we usually want 100W of ACTUAL wattage per plant as a minimum.. CFL
    bulbs have their equivalent wattage and their actual wattage. A 100W CFL is actually
    only a 23W bulb.. so you need about five of them to hit the 100W actual wattage mark.

Those 150W CFLs probably arent more than 35W a peice I'd imagine. I'd get four
    of them at minimum.

Also my friend, remember to get the correct spectrum bulbs. Start off with the 6500K
    CFL bulbs ("daylight") for your vegging stage.. save up a bit and get some 2300K ("Soft
    White") CFLs for your flowering stage later.

The bulbs may or may not say exactly 6500K or 2300K.. some are 6700K and 2200K
    just make sure its arounds those numbers.

So go to walmart and buy four "100W" (or 150W, even better) "daylight" CFL bulbs.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!

~Experimentalist

5. buy both, half daylight half flowering, itll work for the whole of the plants life and you save money

6. Good Advice!

~Experimentalist