Gf suddenly hates bud.. Anyone know this pain?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Bullscrog, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Ok so I've been with my girl for over 2 years. When we first started dating she would blaze with me on the daily. Then she started gaining weight and decided to smoke less cause she ate too much, which I had no prob with. Then she basically stopped smoking except a party here and there.

Mind u I worked at a dispensary for a year and smoked heavily since the day we met.
    But now she can't stand weed and whenever I blaze she gets PISSED saying I chose weed over her and she thinks I'm immature cause I still smoke and asks all the time how long I plan on smOking. I don't mind her not smoking, I have Plenty of friends who don't smoke or are in the military and I have no problem at all with that it's a personal choice.

I just don understand why it came out of the blue. It's the fact that she would toke it up fat daily, and now she barely speaks to me if I'm high around her. I don't feel like I should change myself, and should be accepted for who I am right?
    I just feel like it's an issue that should have been brought up a LOT sooner ya know?..

Idk anyone else ever deal with this, or know what to so in this situation? Haha

2. Maybe she is just unconsciously trying to motivate you to be more productive with your time.

3. my dude i had literally the exact same problem i was dating this girl for about 2 years and she had smoked with me a few times and shit and all of a sudden she started straight bitching about me smoking and i eventually just kinda hid it from her witch was cake cuz i didnt live with her and im virtually undetectable as far as how i smell act ect. any way after our 3 year we broke up and she found out i had bin tokin the whole time and we talked about this same subject and came to the conclusion that it wasnt that i loved the weed as much as her it was that she didnt like me having all this fun with out her she was kinda jealous that i had this whole part of my life that meant alot to me that she wasnt apart of and she has told me that she regrets nagging me about it and making it such a big deal the bottom line is you need to talk to her about it and make her realize you still care about her and you having fun together and yatayatayata but smoking bud is something that makes you happy and regardless of wheter she wants to partake with you or not she should want you to do things that make you happy but idk my whole viewpoint is from hindsight but i literally dealed with the exact same situation and i didnt deal with it as well as i should have you shouldnt have to hide that shit its who you are its what you love

4. I just think girls are wired like that, at some point they want to see the relationship progress that you are willing to make changes. I also think bitches pull this 'quit smoking' stuff when they are either mad or more likely unhappy about something. thats just women

5. Had this happen several times...now in my late 20s I tell girls on the first or second date. I say, I smoke weed, I do it every day. If you think this might EVER be a problem then leave now or I will hurt you down the road. My current gf tried to test me about two months in. I reminded her of that conversation and told her I wouldn't change myself to fit her. She let it go and we have been happy ever since!

6. she's calling you immature, but she seems like the immature one in the relationship

7. Exactly! I love to smoke, and it is hard to toke up when your partner doesn't or stopped smoking. From my experience I feel like other's motivation are higher than mine, but that's because I'm comfortable with my life. My boyfriend wants to do more with OUR lives, buy brand new cars, buy the condo near Chicago. I make my money my own way, but I still have my income and live very comfortable that I feel why not toke up everyday.

So I see where she is coming from, and since I am in a relationship I choose to make a compromise that will still make both of us happy. I love him so much and he is the best person to come into my life, wouldn't want to be high all the time while he is sober, I just do it when he is at work, when I'm with friends, or when he is asleep! Makes both our lives better!:p:p

Not entirely true, I don't think either of them are at fault. They both have different views and priorities.

8. maybe she's just looking for an excuse to dump you or she wants to know she is more important to you than weed. stick with the weed it won't screw you over or play games. On the other hand your stoned so maybe its all in your head.

9. She is such a bitch! I would have no remorse slapping the shit out of stupid people like that.

10. Been there. My ex stopped smoking permanently because she said it made her feel lazy. Everyone is different. She didn't care when I smoked though, so that was nice. She shouldn't ignore you for your personal views on MJ.

11. I think you meant subconsciously :smoking:

12. I had exactly the same situation with my ex-wife. Note the relevant syllable. (wasn't weed that killed the marriage, it was the realisation that I'd married a c**t and decided to start standing up to her)

When it comes to change, men and women are wired differently. The *you* she fell in love with smokes weed. She wants something else now and expects you to change to accommodate that. I don't know how old you both are, but 2 years in, demanding change and trying to shame you into it smacks of a control imperative that will only get worse as you become more browbeaten, and will only end with her taking half of your shit once she's indulged her "right to have a baybeeee" and continuing to keep her hand in your pocket until the kid(s) are grown. My guess is biological clock is ticking away......

I've been with my GF for 3 years, we don't live together. She knows I smoke weed, she doesn't (tried it, didn't like it) and she will occasionally ask (smiling) if I had a joint before I came over, but she never gives me grief for it or criticises me for enjoying a smoke. She doesn't expect me to take responsibility for her "happiness" and appreciates who I am, warts and all.

Get out, my friend. This relationship has run its useful course unless you are willing to change who you are and how you live your life for the sake of getting laid, in which case you will only end up resenting the change forced upon you anyway. Find yourself a grownup who will appreciate, rather than demand.

Sorry to sound harsh, but don't fall for the fairy tale bullshit. There are a zillion women out there who would love to meet an intelligent guy with a steady job.

13. #13 Anonimo, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    I think he knows what he was saying;)

In Mexico we tell them there is a reason why the door is so wide.

14. Shall we attack her belief that it is the cannabis that is making her "fat"? :devious:

Cannabis and Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) for weight loss? (abst – 2013)
    Cannabis and

Fight obesity... with marijuana? (news – 2012)
    Fight obesity... with marijuana? - The Week

How marijuana could help cure obesity-related diseases (news – 2012) How marijuana could help cure obesity-related diseases

Cannabis can help treat obesity (news – 2012)
    Cannabis can help treat obesity

Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese (news – 2012)
    Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese | TIME.com

Frequency Of Marijuana Use Associated With Lower Prevalence Of Obesity, Study Says (news – 2011) Frequency Of Marijuana Use Associated With Lower Prevalence Of Obesity, Study Says

Smoking marijuana not linked to obesity: study (news – 2011)
    Smoking marijuana not linked to obesity: study | Reuters

Obesity and Cannabis Use: Results From 2 Representative National Surveys
    (abst – 2011)
    http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2011/08
    /24/aje.kwr200.abstract?sid=18de840f-92a2-40d2-b154-2e236ba97020

After you remove her delusion that cannabis is responsible for her weight gain, let's give her a better, and more likely, target! :D Most Americans are low in Omega 3 (PUFAs)- and that can affect your physical and mental health! :eek:

Fat to treat fat: Emerging relationship between dietary PUFA, endocannabinoids, and obesity. (abst – 2013) Fat to treat fat: Emerging... [Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat (article - undated)
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

Omega 3 can help in some cases of acne- and help make her a bit saner at the same time, but you don't need to mention that last part! ;)

Acne vulgaris, mental health and omega-3 fatty acids: a report of cases Acne vulgaris, mental health and omega-3 fatty acids: a report of cases

Effects of fish oil supplementation on inflammatory acne. (2012) Effects of fish oil supplementation on inf... [Lipids Health Dis. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Mood swings and other "impaired emotional behavior" can occur when a person is deficient in Omega 3!

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.
    (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endoca... [Nat Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Omega-3 Fatty Acids Essential for Normal Regulation of Mood in the Brain
    (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Omega-3 Fatty Acids Essential for Normal Regulation of Mood in the Brain[/FONT]

Now to get her using again (which will smooth things out a lot! ;) ) you need to do two things. First, is to find some cannabis that still has some CBD in it.

http://potfessor.com/ask/high-cbd-marijuana-strains/

Second, is to remind her that 1 out of every 8 women will get breast cancer. :eek: And you sure as heck don't want her to be at risk! Then show her these!

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

Is Marijuana the Cancer Cure We've Waited For? (news – 2012)
    Cancer - Is Marijuana the Cancer Cure We

Cannabinoids may be therapeutic in breast cancer. (abst – 2013) Cannabinoids may be therapeutic in breast c... [Oncol Nurs Forum. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoids: A new hope for breast cancer therapy? (abst - 2012)
    Cannabinoids: a new hope for breast cancer ... [Cancer Treat Rev. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabidiol induces programmed cell death in breast cancer cells by coordinating the crosstalk between apoptosis and autophagy. (abst – 2011) Cannabidiol induces programmed cell death in... [Mol Cancer Ther. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells. ​
    (full - 2007) Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells

Cannabidiol researchers discover the switch to turn off aggressive breast cancer gene (news - 2010)
    Cannabidiol researchers discover the switch to turn off aggressive breast cancer gene - National Cannabis Revolution | Examiner.com

Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits 17beta-estradiol-induced proliferation and fails to activate androgen and estrogen receptors in MCF7 human breast cancer cells.
    (full – 2008) http://ar.iiarjournals.org/content/28/1A/85.long

Also women who have high levels of Omega 3 in their systems also have lower risk of breast cancer, so a big bottle of Omega 3 might be good too! :D

Dietary modulation of omega-3/omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratios in patients with breast cancer. Dietary modulation of omega-3/omega-6 pol... [J Natl Cancer Inst. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI

Long-chain n-3-to-n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratios in breast adipose tissue from women with and without breast cancer. Long-chain n-3-to-n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid... [Nutr Cancer. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

And YOU should be taking Omega 3, too! It is good for your heart AND may just get you a bit higher if you use it regularly! :smoking:

Those defective CB1 receptors in the brain that you read about in "Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes..." are located in the hippocampus part of your brain. That area also controls getting high on marijuana! :smoking: If defective CB1 receptors in the hippocampus can't keep you sane, they likely aren't getting you high, either! :eek:

So start taking Omega 3 with her! It takes about a month to have a noticeable effect-

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

15. that was one badass post!

16. Weed speeds up your metabolism, thats why you get hungry. If you don't eat, you lose weight! (Or at least I do)

17. I do try! ;)

Someone's got to give you kids the facts! :D

Granny :wave:

18. Indeed.. i eat and still cant put the weight on. If ya get the munchies, selective munching.. i select chocolate items, cake, cereal, smoked pork tenderloins, briskets, flying goat, burgers, fries, pizza, neighbors awnry cats, chocolate some more, apple pie, puntang, and every now and then a green salad.. select not to eat my choices (except for the puntag, tastes great less filling) and you shall lose the love handles and the saddle bags..