Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

GF busted in Ohio!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Clevaland_steam, Jan 27, 2013.

1. So i accidentally left under half an 8th in my GFs car and she got pulled over in Parma Ohio. They pulled her over for a headlight that went out, then got her with possession and paraphernalia (one white owl cigar). Cop said he smelled the weed, she didn't deny it and cooperated. She wasn't high, she doesn't even smoke, and this would be her first time offense of any sort.

Now I looked on the NORML site and it said a 6-month license suspension and a 150 fine for paraphernalia, but is that really what is gonna happen? Any kind of advice or info would be helpful. Thanks Guys

2. you better take responsibility for it all.

3. Unless she's willing to take the fall I would man up and tell the cops she didn't know it was there and you left it in her car. Of course that could backfire and you both get charged, but you can't let her out to dry like that

4. thats part of what I am worried about. that they will just hit both of us with the charge.

5. You need to tell the cops that is your weed and your girlfriend had no idea it was in her car. Before she dumps you, if she hasn't already.

6. jesus man, make it sound like I planted it.

7. I got busted in westlake ohio. The cops were awesome. Took my 8th and grinder. They took my friends 8th his grinder and bowl. They told us because we were just smoking and cooperated they wouldnt charge us for the bowls and grinders. They charged us with posession and we just had to pay a $250 ticket. No court date. It was also a minor misdemenor. Getting a speeding ticket is worse than the trouble we got in

8. This shouldn't be a debate.

Go take the blame, since you are the one to blame.

This is common sense, and being a good person.

I know you didn't plant it, but you shouldn't have to ask what to do.

9. They gave her a court date. She said she had friends in the car earlier in the day and someone must have left the shit in the car.

10. My husband (we are also in Ohio haha) insists on picking up my bud for me, he doesn't trust me picking up by myself and he trusts the guys at his work so I don't have much of a choice. But because he drives it from work to home I already know that if he's caught I'm taking full responsibility regardless if they decide to charge us both.

He's doing me a favor (in your case she was unaware of a risk you put her in) that puts him at risk, so I feel if he does that for me it's my job to take the fall even if it doesn't protect him, it shows him that I will stand up and take responsibility and won't leave him out to dry.

11. not so much asking "what should I do" but more along of, do you really think they will throw the book at it?

12. No. Not for that amount. It will likely be a small fine.

They MIGHT charge you both, but like Kitty said, that's beyond the point.

13. Probably depends how the situation went with her and the cop when she got pulled over. If he really believes she didn't know it was there, you're chances of them dropping the charges on her and charging you are probably pretty good.

I ramble too much when I'm high...

EDIT: also that^^ even if they do charge you both it shows your man enough to stand up for what you did wrong

14. i agree, but being hit with a 6 month license suspension for net even being high and having one white owl seems a bit harsh. I dont care about paying a monetary fine

15. She said cop was nice, as nice as a cop can be.

16. See that's a big problem, maybe claim the bud was yours. My husband only transports the bud so we don't have to worry about paraphernalia charges, the license suspension makes it harder, if both of us were to get our licenses suspended he couldn't go to work, I couldn't drive our son anywhere, and I couldn't even car pool him to work. In that case I might have to just claim the weed was mine, not the pipe, still a risk but it's one you have to take. But like I said I will never be in that position because my pipe is always at home, it's the only scenario I can think of to do in order to be able to keep the house running in our situation. It's not the whole truth, but it's either that or you both could loose your jobs or whatever else you need a car for. If you aren't in dire need of a car though you could always bike or ride with someone. I know it's fucking cold here but I mean it's the best option, even if it doesn't save her ass at least she isn't going at it alone for being completely innocent.

17. and im not saying im 100% innocent, but speeding 50 in a 25 zone is why she got pulled over. Then he changed the ticket to an out headlight. i also coach youth sports, and that would not happen anymore if they hit me with all those

18. Interesting change to your story, but it doesn't matter what she got pulled over for.

YOU left WEED in HER car. That is the issue.

19. Was she smoking in the car?

Why would car smell like weed?

and you guys are crazy if you think the cops will drop charges on the girlfriend because someone else claimed the weed.

20. She knew weed was in the car and she was speeding.

She is also responsible for getting caught.