Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting Your Thoughts to Politicians

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mist425, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Hey guys. I'm no activist or anything like that, but it kind of hit me that there's so much talk going on about what it would be like if marijuana was legal/decriminalized/whatever, but it seems like with the exception of a few organizations out there, marijuana-smokers in general aren't doing that much. So what's an easy way to get your voice heard?

Why, writing a letter to your congressman of course! Whether or not they actually read the letters personally, there are people that read them, and if the representatives start it getting reports from their aids that there's a recent influx of pro marijuana legalization at the very least they might think about their position. I know ultimately we're not going to be able to change the law through writing letters but if everyone on grasscity wrote a thoughtful letter to their congressman, it might at least be a push in the right direction.

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Here's a link that anyone can use to send a letter if they have a few minutes of free time. I think just writing about why you think legalization/decriminalization of marijuana would be beneficial to not only the average citizen but the country as a whole would be a good way to start. Just my 2cents.