The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure :

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

getting your parents to understand...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by comf0rtablynumb, May 14, 2004.

1. I've been smoking weed for about 2 years and for the last 2 years my parents have been taking my pipes from me "secretly" although i know that they take them...

so anyway...they took my pipes so they know i smoke weed...my mom has also has stated that my 'eyes are red' many times when i get home late but neither of my parents have actually confronted me about smoking...im convince that my parents are straightedge and have never smoked weed in their lives so if anyone has some advice as to how i can get them to understand that i smoke weed and im not gonna stop...

i thought of just flat out telling them that i smoke weed everyday and theres nothing they can do about it but i dont know how that will fly...

by the way im 18 and going to college in 3 months...thank god

any advice would be great...

btw...i'm new here...great to talk with some fellow stoners from around the world...

2. If your maintaining good grades and keeping out of trouble I dont see a problem with telling them that your a pothead. Let them in on how pot has affected you and made you look at the world in a different perspective and taught you to appreciate nature and all that mother nature has given us.

Im sure they'll understand, and if they dont..fuck it your going to college your 18 they reallly cant make you stop.

3. I had that problem also (long time ago). One moment she started talking about it. I knew in 5 seconds that my mom did not know much about marijuana. She started to talk crap about health, school etc... She probably just saw a Hollywood movie or something...
    I stopped the discussion. I said: Well, I want to talk about it, no problem. But it is important to me that you know where you are talking about, not just saying something you heard from the neighbours or whatever...
    So I bought a book for my mom. A book with all facts about marijuana. She read it, said to me she overreacted a little bit and asked me only not to smoke too much... Never had a problem again. :)

Take a book which is not written/published in the USA (or be very carefull in that case). Those propagandabooks only make it worse... In that case your parents will think you will become a massmurderer....

4. care to share the title/author of the book you gave her?

.//chris

5. I've been smoking since I was 8 years old due to the influence my brother had on me growing up. From then I did my best to smoke in private to where my parents wouldn't know... Around the time I hit high school my mom confronted me about smoking pot and said she didn't like the idea one bit. She also said she never wanted me to smoke in the house if I did. After some calm talking (no yelling was involved) we came to an understanding on how I use marijuana to cope with my depression since nothing else seemed to work. My depression started when my father beat me at age 7 for lying to him.. and he didn't just hit me 3 times and say go to my room, he beat me for a good 15-20 minutes. We also moved around a lot so I didn't get a chance to hold on to any friend growing up and that just seemed to make me worse.

I agree with stookey, that if you're maintaining good grades and not making yourself look like all you care about is pot... things will go a lot easier. If all else fails, you're moving in 3 months to college, you can try to keep your cool about opening it up to your parents about the pot. If you feel you want to tell them, the best thing to do is take things slow in the conversation and never get to the point of yelling or raised voices. Most of the time it's when your voice raises or an argument breaks out that things go down hill... keeping your cool about it will make things a LOT easier.

After my parents and I talked about it, they took it into consideration as an anti-depressant because when I'm off of it for a few days or a week... I get REALLY depressed. (not withdrawls, I know how withdrawls are). Now they let me smoke in my room as long as the door is shut, and I light incense afterwards. I can even have friends over to smoke with me, as long as she doesn't see/smell it... she's ok.

Ash23

6. Yeah my parents just found out i smoke due to my getting caught in school...suspension. She is not too cool with it but she used to do it when she was a kid, a little, more of experimenting. So now she kids around and says things like, "its cuz u smoke pot," whenever i say anything stupid or ask what day it is.

If i were you, comf0rtablynumb, i would not tell them if they have never smoked. You never know, if they do not like that much they might just call up your college and tell them that you smoke or somehting and get you kicked out. They will say they want to "teach you a lesson" before you get caught by the 5-0. You never know, at least that is what my mom would do....

7. Let them know. I too have a problem with my parents. Ive been smoking for awhile on and off. They think weed turns people into idiots. I think my dad will talk to me about it but my mom will go apeshit. I am very secretive. I think if i told them it would be easier to confront them stoned. good luck

Grasscity Deals Near You