Getting with a friend's ex

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by hazyyjane, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Honestly if the guy really was my bro I'd be like smash that shit dude it's awesome. The only way I'd ever be mad is if I was hoping to get back together with the girl, otherwise I'd be cool with it.

Of course, I'd also expect the same attitude if I wanted to fuck his ex.

2. Depends realli. But i wouldnt want my friends to fuck my ex. Naw that would be weird.

3. Depends on the friend how close they where and if they had a kid together

4. I personally would never do it I think it is disrespectful.

5. If they had a kid that would be a little bit different IMO, but in general I'd say better someone I know than some douchebag.

6. #27 hazyyjane, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    Alright, so that's a general no, with the exception of blazedglory.

A friend of mine from work - let's call her S - is in this kind of situation, and asked for my advice.

Apparently this guy (J) and her friend (K), who moved away a few months ago, were really serious. S said that while they were dating, she considered J a friend. They've been hanging out recently though, and she's realizing that she has really strong feelings for him. (S and J went out on a few dates pre-K&J dating, but at the time she wasn't that into him).

This whole situation got me thinking. As a rule, I say don't. I also understand where blazedglory is coming from, but I think it takes a very mature group of people to be able to handle things playing out that way. It's interesting to get other people's perspectives.

I try to be as non-judgmental as possible in this position, so that a friend can talk it out openly. I told her that I can see things from both sides, and if she really thinks that she might love J, then to listen to that. But to be prepared for the fallout, i.e., hurting K and possibly ruining an important friendship.

I talked to S the other day, and she decided that for now, she's basically cutting off contact with J.

7. No issues with this as long as you mention it to me first. I just see it as a common courtesy. Of course kids with said person would complicate this