getting through to mom

Discussion in 'General' started by savage_goose, Aug 28, 2005.

1. my parents are anti weed, i dont mind as much as i used too. about once a month ill go off on some pro marijuana rant, and every time ive learned more about it so my argument gets stronger and stronger. the other night i was doing my thing when she actually started asking me questions. before when i would talk shed just say i dont care, i think weed is bad and thats it, i dont want to hear this. but when i started explaining about how certain medicine companies pour tons of money into the war on drugs because theyd lose if pot was legal, she actaully took an interest. i dotn think shell ever see it my way, but i do think im slowly turning her from anti-weed to ... slightly less anti-weed at least.

2. what you need to do is get one of those vaporizers with the plastic mask that you fit over your mouth and nose, and while she's sleeping put it on her and get her way stoned. That'll get through to her.

3. haha, but imagine that! i think thought, in reality that would be the absolute stupidest thing to do, because if u fed an anti pot person brownies or something without them knowing, and then were like... SURPRISE!!! you high!!! theyd probably get supre pissed, depressed, scared and flip out on you. sure i guess some might enjoy it but that would be a stpuid thing to do in my opinion.

4. The key might be convincing her that drug control is government control. If you look at history it really is. From being a way to control Mexicans in the 1910s to a way to distract the public from the Vietnam War, the "War on Drugs" has been nothing but political. There's a video that you can get from Blockbuster (or download it illegally) called "Grass" and it's a decent documentary on the history of the stuff. It focuses entirely on the gov't control part though, instead of like the history of hemp usage and stuff like that.

5. One thing my mom brought up recently, she thought todays marijuana was mostly laced. I guess she got this idea from hearing todays pot is more potent. I educated her on how it isnt stronger becuase its laced.. I filled her in on the truth.
    Its funny, she tried toking a few times in the 60-70s but never really enjoyed it. Recently though, she has come around ;)
    Its fun to educate mom. :cool:

6. savage_goose, where in Canada are you? i'm ex-CIA so i can definitely get through to her with my super pooper interrogation skills lol

7. my parents are weird, they dont hate weed they just dont think its needed in life.. and they hate when i make it the only thing that i do basically... they dont like me being a pothead :)

8. haha, im a good 2 hours from toronto a town called st catharines, my sis goes to college at u of t though. i think you should send a satellite to my house, and beam the documentary grass into her brain while she sleeps.

9. damn that's far, but i'm like 20-25 minutes from U of T