Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting the smell off you and your clothes

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tau, Nov 24, 2010.

1. #1 Tau, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
    In a few hours im heading back to my hometown for thanksgiving. Its about 5 hours, so naturally I want to smoke on my way down. My only problem is smelling like weed when I get down there.

I'm probably going to take my last hit when I get around an hour and a half before I get to my parents. This will allow me to come down and hopefully get rid of the smell on me. I'm also not going to hotbox my car on the way, I figure this way the smoke wont linger and stick to me.

Is there any other ways to mask the smell or prevent it?

2. just take your shirt off when you smoke and roll the windows down in ur car youll be fine

3. That's why we make hard candy suckers. For just such occasion no smell and all the high. Great body stone.

4. i wouldn't worry about it. i've hotboxed my car plenty of times and went home a little bit after & my parents didn't even question me. but just roll down your windows & blow the smoke out the window & you'll be fine.

5. Fabreeze? haha

I personally always smell like a mix of bud, cigs, and cologne, works for me..

6. The weed smell will never just linger on your clothes for more than a couple minutes. If you're not hotboxing don't worry about it.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. it's never a good idea to smoke in your car. if you make one little traffic infraction and a cop sees it he'll pull you over.if your car stinks like weed that's almost enough probable cause to search your car. then you get charged for possession. all could of been avoided if you didn't hotbox your car that night. do as you like but i never blaze in my car for this reason:hello::smoke:

8. Or don`t be a pussy, blaze and drive properly.

9. Spray yourself with some Axe or something when you get out.

10. Ownedddd

11. great advice

12. i would bring extra clothes if you're that worried. wear something nice and respectable and then when you're done smoking change into your normal clothes. also only bring enough weed you're willing to eat unless you have a REALLY good hidding spot.

my advice would to go buy 2-3 grams of some dank and roll it all up in some joints/blunt and just smoke it that way. put the joints up under the glove box. go where your feet are shove your hand way up there and find a nice crevice to leave the joints when not smoking.

then when you change wash your hands good splash some water in your face. put on deoderant spray a little axe/colonge and you'll be fine espcially with the hour drive or so left.

13. Like the other dude said stop being pussy. My friends let me drive their cars high all the time I don't even have my license. Just don't be stupid and if you are being stupid just do it where no one will see or care.

14. #14 purplecow1, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
    All you apprentice smokers saying "stop being a pussy" have clearly never been arrested for weed. I wasn't even smoking, and a cop still felt he had probable cause to search my car. You're never as safe from the cops as you think. Hell, I used to rip my bong while driving long distance. After spending a night in jail, I refuse to light up in the car at all.

EDIT: What I said applies to Texas, where the OP and I live. You're lucky if you live in Cali and don't have our hick cops.

15. If you smoke with all your windows down, going 35+ you will be good in a half hour.

Spray+gum+drops

16. If you're not an idiot and hotboxing...in my experience, you only need about 20-30 mins of driving to make your shit smell fine with the windows down

17. If you really want to smoke on your way, keep a fresh shirt in a plastic bag bag with a drier sheet with you as well as some eye drops and bottled water. Stop smoking about 45mins-1hr before you arive and put the fresh shirt on when you get there so they can't smell it on your shirt. Eye drops and water should be obvious. The smell will also get in your hair but wearing a hat while you smoke will minimise this. When you get to where you're going, take off the hat and run a comb through your hair. Also, dampen a rag with some of the bottled water and wipe down your face and neck to clean it up a little.

All of this can be avoided by using edibles, though.

18. I ain't no apprentice smoker. I've also been rolled up on (not pulled over) hotboxing and nothing has ever happened from it.

19. Either take your shirt off, or bring axe.

20. Either take a fresh shirt, or put on a hoodie while you smoke to shield you from the smell, then leave that hoodie in the car when you get there. And Ozium is magical, just spray a little bit in the car, and a tiny bit in your hair and you'll be golden.