Getting the old man a Vape! Help?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Kannabosm, Aug 21, 2019.

1. My dad wants a FLOWER vaporizer. He said that he read "the Volcano is the best bag machine....yada yada" I have never owned a bag vape. I would like to keep it in the $200 range. What do I buy, he wants a bag type or the hose type, like a tabletop, not handheld. It must be flower capable, he is growing 4 plants and he is all but the Cookie Fam :sneaky: !
    What should I buy using these parameters: $200/bag or hose table top FLOWER rig? k

2. I had an Arizer Extreme Q......I loved it and plan to get another......"lost it" in the divorce

Its bag and hose

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I've sadly never used a bag vape. But I'd like to try someday! :)

My favorite hose/whip style vape is Da Buddha by 7th Floor. It's a high-quality, tabletop, flower vape that fits your budget. It's a "heavy hitter" and is great for sharing with family or friends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That was the other one I heard about. I need to look into that. This is fun, never thought i'd be doing this. k

5. +1 for the DaBuddha!!

been my go-to desktop for years now.
    I have the hose hooked up to a glass on glass adapter and I usually run a small 12” HVY straight tube on it.
    toooooooo smooth.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I used to do that with my Arizer Extreme Q as well! Man was it nice!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. check out the Starry X Max, nice draw , quartz mouthpiece that doesn't get hot, easy to clean , uses replaceable 18650 lithium-ion battery and under $150.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Arizer Extreme Q has my attention. I think that my dad uses $100 of my papers each year, in 2 years it will save ME $100 a year. :GettingStoned: k

• Like Like x 2
  9. I looked at that one too. Does it hit as well as these desk top models, thanks in advance for help. k

• Like Like x 1
  10. Volcanoes run around 450 dollars or more. The one I have was 350 bucks when I bought it. It now goes for 480, and it's the ''cheap'' model.

The Volcano totally shines as a party rig. for personal use, not so much.

I also have a Pax2 for flower. It works okay, but needs to be cleaned often. That said, I much prefer the Pax2 to the Volcano, and it's what I favor for vaping.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Salutations Kannabosm,

In all honestly i fear my post would silently disapear in digital oblivion if i cared to invest appropriate time over a reply to the announced topic, so my only tip is to ask Google what Egzoset thinks about it...

Good day, have fun!! :D

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Don't waste the money. Make hash instead? I honestly have no solution to recommend. I went the concentrate route and haven't looked back, so much more efficiency and a whole lot less "plant matter" to contend with.

The great flower vaporizers, even the desktop ones are so expensive and damnit they all have drawbacks in my opinion. Plus what are you going to do with all that AVB? You can use it to make edibles but it will not taste very good and there will be so much...

Sorry, vaping flower makes me always feel like it's never enough and I too have spent way too much on vaporizers and put way too much faith into them.

Easily spending over 300USD is what many need for something decent and large enough for constant use and that's why I don't own one.

Using a volcano, even the cheaper one, is awesome but there's not a whole lot I have seen that can come even close to that beast without costing an arm and a leg.

Damn, I sound so negative about it, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I have vaped flower with a small rig. Mostly a headache. Never high. I told him this, he laughed and said BS. I LOVE edibles. When I am back home in Prohibitionville USA, they are not to be found. I guess I will get him the Arizer Extreme & I will enclose your post in the box, that way if he is unhappy with the vape I can tell him, "See We told ya."

• Like Like x 1
  14. I agree with the first reply. The Arizer Extreme Q is what you are looking for.

You can find them for $169 to $139 on sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. As a few people might have mentioned, you want to go with quality, even if it's pricier...with vapes there's a hige difference between cheaper and more expensive units. Of course, you don't really need the "best of the best of the best", but I'd say even though you have to part with a few more bucks, go at least mid/high range.

Having used the Arizer Extreme I can confirm it's an excellent unit, very sturdy, user friendly, and the folks over at Arizer have excellent customer/post sales service too.

Is it comparable to the volcano?
    Not sure. Never used a volcano - though I've always considered the Arizer range to be kind of a quality clone, at least with how the unit looks and operates.

Very, very easy to use and a good looking machine.

If he doesn't feel like filling up a whole bag, he can use the "whip" and draw on demand or, if he wants to blow his head off he can just sip from the elbow joint (the bit you fill the bags with) with the filler fan ON.
    So there's basically 3 ways you can use it - all to great effect...and he'd likely have some leftovers that provided he doesn't vape it til it looks like dirt, will be able to use for low range edibles.

That said...while I don't know what the volcano is like from personal experience...
    I currently use the Storz & Bickel Mighty as my primary...which is the portable from the company that does the Volcano.
    It is the best portable vapouriser I have ever used.
    Before, I said that about the Arizer Solo 2...which I was using up until this time.
    Now...I love the Arizer. Love it. Recommend it highly to all.
    But...the Mighty is just better. It just is.

...Does that mean that while I love the Arizer Extreme and consider it the best desktop/home vape I've ever used, that if I tried the volcano it would be as much better as the Mighty was over the Solo 2?
    I'm not sure.
    But something to consider.

Good luck. Let us know how you go with your choices.

16. I'll counter my previous statements and highlight some PROs of the volcano. They have some nice "fittings", super super smooth and the parts held up after a long time and seemed easy to clean. Even screen replacement looked not too difficult. The bags are really all you'd need to keep purchasing and you can get literal spools of it. My buddy would pack it - attach the bag to inflate - that thing would do it's magic and fill up effortlessly a giant bag of vapor - he'd pull off the first connector, attach the mouthpiece lightning fast and hand it over. You could not ever doubt that much vape for one person would obliterated most humans. Giant lungs full of greatness times two, could easily share or not be able to finish.

Using a whip and especially the hand held vapes make me feel like the vapor production/to how much I can inhale effectively is anemic... It takes a different timing and patience. With the volcano and the forced air bag magic, I suppose really I cannot say it's shiet and it certainly is in a class of it's own. That was my experience with a few over a few years. In the end the person who actually owned it showed up and took it off into the sunset. Buddy had been borrowing it forever.

I am not sure if the attachments he had were the volcano brand name or "after market".

17. S&B Mighty is by far the best flower vape I have used. I use the dosing capsules and with .1g of herb I get 10-15 hits and it is enough for both my wife and I to get medicated. I've tried lots of others. I have an Arizer, but I didn't like the bags. They get sticky inside if you reuse them and I always get a terrible cough from the bags. Once I start coughing, I can't even hit the bag any more, so there I am with a bag full of vapor and I can't hit it without coughing a lung up.

• Agree Agree x 1