The End of the Tunnel

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jörmungandr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Medusa
    IMAG0609.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMAG0612.JPG IMAG0613.JPG IMAG0614.JPG
    Thing One and Thing Two got their 5 gal upgrade; when they shift over to the other room, the short hour stub will come back in here to keep it's sister company.
    IMAG0606.JPG IMAG0615.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. The stub
    IMAG0628.JPG
    and the survivor
    IMAG0629.JPG
    have downstairs to themselves and Things One and Two spend their last week in the penthouse.
    IMAG0626.JPG IMAG0627.JPG

4. Tight squeeze
    IMAG0638.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peering from behind the Scorpion, Medusa holds the potential to outshine both her elders.
    IMAG0640.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. IMAG0643.JPG IMAG0644.JPG

This next wave of seven deadly sirens is culled from the collective stash of gen 6 and 7 of my Ladyboy Express; six with full tails and one only cracked but hopeful that bypassing the solo cup stage will protect them from my clumsy handling until they've had time to form a solid root ball. This layout demanded that the mangled stub return to short hours to sink or swim while the lone survivor of the last batch stands sentinel above the new herd.
    IMAG0645.JPG

7. [​IMG]
    Oldest of the veggers
    [​IMG]
    More dammed plants then I'll have slots for but last time I didn't run enough extras and all my pals came around looking for clones..
    BNW

8. First time my puppy has staked his claim; such a patient and reserved fellow normally, this struck us both as hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Week three begins
    IMAG0646.JPG

10. With this lone holdout from the lost wave displaying the enviably compact profile of the Lowrider and Thing One and the plan to run the next batch as shorties, I've decided to chance a bit of overreach by vegging as long as possible but ultimately upgrading to a tub that's probably between fifteen and twenty gal to try to echo the more impressive results of my outdoor role models.
    IMAG0658.JPG

11. IMAG0673.JPG
    The unfortunate stub was granted a new home in the old lawnmower box, now running 24/0 to put it back in contention as it was going to be a complete waste of space in the other room going 12/12 from the start. This gives me a pool of five contestants lined up to run in the twenty gal drippy I've got waiting in the wings; hopefully by the end of October one will have risen to the challenge.
    IMAG0672.JPG IMAG0671.JPG IMAG0670.JPG IMAG0669.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. As currently configured, the revived lawnmower box sports three LED spots (total of 1950 lumens @2700k) for the lone stub running 24/0 as opposed to the regular shift in the clown car for the others at 20/4. This will hopefully bring it up to speed where it's first week at 12/12 left it decidedly behind the curve. Combined this gives me a pool of five contestants to select from to take the inaugural run in the twenty gal. Speculation has begun battling instinct on what would be the most productive for this experiment but undoubtedly there will be a dominant specimen that presents itself by the end of next month.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The poor stub doesn't look too hopeful; four new beans are soaking to fill in downstairs in the Clown Car to broaden the prospects.
    IMAG0683.JPG IMAG0684.JPG IMAG0685.JPG IMAG0686.JPG IMAG0687.JPG

14. The new Queen of the Forest, McPoyle towers over her cousins and Medusa; new hours of 8 to 8 allow me to sleep in a bit and enjoy their companionship for a time before the lights click off.
    IMAG0696.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Back to the grind; another hopeful falls to my heavy hand with the water can.
    IMAG0704.JPG IMAG0705.JPG IMAG0706.JPG

16. [​IMG]
    Back side pic of the grow.. Smells like a road killed skunk out there..
    BNW

17. A long road ahead
    IMAG0710.JPG IMAG0711.JPG IMAG0712.JPG

18. Early growth here remains well behind the curve of those I follow so a reconfiguration of lighting is on the drawing board.
    IMAG0717.JPG IMAG0718.JPG IMAG0719.JPG
    At two weeks for the first two and one month for the other it's time to kick it up a notch