Getting the most from your lights.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jcj77d, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Great thread dude! Just a query though, if I had plain white walls in my room, and white/black poly white side up on the floor of the grow space is there any way that the white poly would reflect some light back up into the lower canopy at all? Anyone got any clues about this? Thanks guys.

2. Yes. If you'd like to see exactly how much light it's reflecting, get a light meter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tight spaces reflection is great. Weak lights plants need training.

4. They say white is better than the silver Mylar. Probably not a big deal for beginners. My last grow was in a 4x4 tent with silver walls. Next time I may line them in white if I feel like I wanna get pickier.

5. I feel like I may have over vegged for the lights I'm running. About 600 watts of led lighting. By this I mean I could have left the plant shorter and still probably got similar results... next time instead of 2 months I'm gonna try 1 and a half.

6. Would I be better off using the foil side on the inside of my grow box or the white side of foam insulation?
    20181009_170129.jpg

7. Im honestly blown away that Orca Grow Film is not on this list. it by far destroys anything listed. cmon guys.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yea that shit kicks ass! Switched awhile ago from Mylar.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I bought my mylar online from Home Depot. Just do a search for it.

10. Whats the general consensus on reflectix? I have it it's reflective, and it insulates. In a basement I would think that would be a benefit