Getting the most from your lights.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jcj77d, Jul 21, 2007.

1. #101 growtender, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    Exactly. However I would say as evidence of the lack of need for the UV/IR supplement my last three grows under my 1kw HPS yielded an average of 1.2lbs each, but more importantly, the yields were very strong in oder and potent in cannabinoids....more than I can say for dispensary type product.

-growtender

2. NICE!

But you're going to the wrong dispensaries if you think that's "more than I can say for a dispensary product"...haven't seen anything on my co-op's shelves under 17.9%, and as high as 25.7% by gas spectography.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #103 growtender, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    Don't go to dispensaries anymore :)
    Hey, it's all relative. Actually I had to move my grow out of the outbuilding grow room I built six months ago because the temps got too low and the humidity got too high. Had to move it into my utility room in the basement. (Dumped too much money into that build. Thought I could deal with the HVAC and humidity management. Bills got too high.) Had some reflective bubble wrap and had to put up something so I used it. I guess I'll see how it affects my yields. Looks pretty sweet though:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416409599.664595.jpg

-growtender

4. has anyone used 175watt..20,000k metal halides (for reef tanks ) for growing

5. So this is my first post, since this is a thread about reflective walls I thought this would be a good place to ask. I have two large slide closet doors that are full size mirrors. I think they are the right size to fit in my grow room against the back two walls. Do you guys think mirrors might be two much, or for see any problems. Has anybody ever used mirrors

6. Roger thanks for the heads up, I really thought mirrors would be the shit for my girls. Guess I'll have to mount them in the bed room for the women.

7. #108 SubliminalWeeney, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  8. Im using black/white poly I built my box finishing up was wondering do i need to cover the ceiling, I probably should have done it first now it looks like a pain lol.

Attached Files:

9. #110 OzzyMeds, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with using light movers? Had a search around and can't finding any info on them. Hoping they might help fight the stupidly high temps down here [​IMG]

10. Would white wax paper be a safer alternative to aluminum foil? When I started growing I use that it seemed to work pretty good.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

11. KC39atHarvest2011.jpg

Why go to dispensaries when you can grow it better than they do?   [​IMG]

I do a better job with less equipment as well... 

Here at 5 weeks flower...

100_1230.JPG

12. Is aluminum foil safe to use in a micro grow with a 50w 12" x 12" LED hanging grow light?

13. This post should be posted stickly . jaja

14. The mylar sheet is approximately 92-97% reflective. I have often wondered how the reflective index of the sheet can be so high, when you put the sheet on the window you can see light through it. The light that is being transmitted through it looks to be more then 7 %. Whatever light that can be transmitted through it can not be reflected, so i would think the reflected light index would be lower then 92 %.

15. So I've started a thread for my 1 or 2 plant auto grow with 250w HPS & 300w CFL. Double wardrobe conversion.
    Please follow would love the support and input 😄✌
    http://forum.grassci...--Auto-Cupboard
    Seeing as it's a cupboard I need to cover the inside surface of the room. I'm subbed in here now. 🌟

16. This is the space I'm using for 1, possibly 2 autos. Not sure what to do with the walls.. suggestions? I've got a 250w CFL & 300w CFL

Attached Files:

17. Take that as a no then!😂😂 white matt paint the lot. Decision made.

18. good stuff to know

19. I prefer panda plastic it disperses light will it won't burn it will melt but good panda plastic won't flame until it is in contact with flame. And it blacks out light leaks really well if you get a small hole just patch it with white duct tape. And it's pretty tough to tear I have pulled staples out of wood by just pulling on the plastic. All this said buy the thick grade!!

Sprouting since 77 and I still remind myself "it's a weed just let it grow"