Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting THC Out of Your System

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tryhard2death21, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I quit smoking Marijuana on July 2nd. I use it medically but need to quit to take the next step in life and join the military. I was smoking everyday for a year, so I understand it would take longer to leave my system. If i smoked on August 1st, how long approximately would it take for it to leave my system, considering I took a month break. Are there any products to speed up the cleansing process? For example, I heard Niacin helps as well as normal detox drinks.

2. When I say I took a month break, I mean I haven’t smoked at all from July 2nd - August 1st. So what I’m thinking is basically my system would reset, so when I smoke again August 1st it wouldn’t stay in as long? I’d need to be clean by August 25th, is it possible?

3. Another thing, I’m 6’2, 135 pounds so I’m pretty skinny, and I eat, sleep, and workout often.

4. We see people fail at 90 days. So the new recommendation is 120 days clean.
    And No there is no way to get clean except time. Abstain and start testing yourself. Home test kits are cheap and accurate enough.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got this from a website:

The main chemical in marijuana is tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC. Although the effects of THC wear off within a few hours of ingesting marijuana, traces of the chemical can remain in the body for weeks.

• 30-45 days can fail a urine test
    • 60-75 days can fail a blood test
    • Up to 90 days can fail a hair follicle test.
    The good news is if you've been cutting down it'll go out of your body quicker.
    The bad news is it gets out of your body slower the more body fat you have.

Two things I know of that help deplete THC in the system is drinking a lot of water, and taking golden seal. If you take golden seal, I suggest you get it in capsule form because it tastes like shit.. I've heard about taking niacin too, but I don't know how much effect it has.

Last thing, unless things have changed since I was a courier, military drug tests are urine tests. I know this because I used to make a weekly delivery of drug tests from an Air Force base in California to the NAS facility that conducted the tests. Best line from that experience (said by a guard standing by the crate with rifle in hand) "Fuck. I joined the military to protect the country, not a crate full of piss!"

Thank you for your service to the country. I'd salute, but I'm not a veteran, so my hat's off to you. :) Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1