Getting Tatted High vs. Sober

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Big Ryan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. This. it is actually illegal in a lot of places now to give someone a tattoo who is drunk. Not only that but you aren't supposed to drink before getting a tattoo or even take like advil because they are blood thinners. I know a tattoo artist who had a chick come in who took a bunch of advil and didn't tell him, my buddy did not finish the tattoo, he didn't even get the outline done before telling her to leave.

2. I recommend getting your first tattoo sober, just to see if getting tatted is for you. As for getting a tattoo drunk or using anything that will thin your blood out ... be extremely careful.

3. I got both of my tattoos after smoking out the chick doing it and her boyfriend as a tip. The first one on my arm was pretty bad and I almost passed out from the pain towards the end a couple times. The second one wasn't that bad at all and it was on my ankle. I think it just depends where you get it at. As long as you stay hydrated you should be good with smoking before, during, and after.

4. I got my first tattoo on my wrist while sober and it didn't really hurt, just kind felt a burning sensation almost, but I've had friends who have told me that smoking beforehand helps, but only if you smoke maybe a bowl at the most. You'll be blazed enough that you can distract yourself from the pain and think about other things, but if you get too stoned you'll end up focusing on the needle hurting.

Supposedly.

5. I do everything blazed and getting inked is no different. I've never gotten one sober so I can't say what it's like but everytime I go in for a 2+ hour session I make sure I have at least a gram to the head beforehand.

6. Got high during a tattoo once, doesn't really make a difference. But you should take the pain in, it's part of the experience and makes it that much more meaningful...

7. Do it Sober. I'm an everyday toker, and I have 6 Medium size tattoos. The last 2 I got where bear paw prints on my chest. This was my first time high to get a tattoo (I smoked Blue Dream), bad idea. It didn't block the pain, It hurt like a sonofabitch. I now regret doing it because after the tattoo session was over I noticed that the paws where way too small, Now I know why he offered to do it for 100$. If I had been sober I would have noticed the size of the stencil.

Tl;Dr
    Sober.

8. I have seven tattoos and I got all of them high as hell. I think like previous posters, the placement of the tat your blood sugar and your own pain tolerance will be the contributing factors on whether or not it hurts. The two tats on my chest tickled, it was hard as hell not to bust out laughing. the one on my wrist hurt like hell same for my forearm the two on my upper arms didn't hurt at all and the one on my back brought me to tears.

9. Do it while you're sober. Don't be a fucking idiot. Shit, most places (at least most reputable places) will kick you out if you're visibly high or drunk and trying to get ink done. There's also the potential that it makes you more figidety and that's not going to be good for anyone.

Sincerely,

a human with double-digit tattoos

10. I've got 6 tattoos and I've been varying levels of high, but trending towards sober, I enjoy the sensation of being tattooed in and of itself (but I am always high...)

11. Depends on how you handle your high. I thought it was a good idea too, but now I'm thinking maybe not. Because for one thing, youre in public, and I always get really sketch in public that people are going to like call the police on me or something hahaa. So that's one thing. And another is that if youre really high you could get all freaked out when they go at you with the needle...And then the person would get really annoyed, and bla  bla. So, I don't think it's a good idea anymore. A shot or two would probably be better actually!