getting started

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roadkilllfun, Jan 3, 2007.

1. hey everyone. im finally on my first grow with some bag seed and i had a few questions hopefully you all can help me with. so hps lights are the best way to go? and if so where can i pick one up at? also for later grows can anyone sugest a good seed bank? it wll probably make it a little harder but is it even possiable to get seeds in the us from a seed bank? anyway my baby just sprouted out of the soil three days ago and is about 2.5 inches tall so far but i just have it under a normal lamp and light bulb at the moment but it seems to be working for now. i know its harder to help without any pics so ill work on that to. sorry for the post being so scatterbrained and all but im kinda pressed for time with work and all and i look forward to all your guys help, and hopefully ill have some good buds by summer.:smoking:

2. GET IT AWAY FROM THAT LIGHT AND RUN TO CVS OR WALMART AND PICK UP A CFL BULB (daylight).

http://www.1000bulbs.com/category.php?category=2086 thoes kind of bulbs. they are cheap and save energy and also dont get as hot as HPS. but HPS will give u better results

3. Read the various forum stickies, etc for all those answers. The quick and dirty:

so hps lights are the best way to go? Most people would say MH is best for veg and HPS is best for flower. You can buy ballasts that will take a MH and HPS bulb. You can also grow successfully on compact floros, CFLs. Search the site for CFL.

where can i pick one up at? Home Depot/Lowes sell a 150W HPS otherwise Ebay

is it even possiable to get seeds in the us from a seed bank? Yes it is possible. There is a thread for the best seedbanks.

4. wow that wquick, thanks i guess im goin to wallmart:hello:

5. ok so i ran to wallmart last night and picked up 3 cfl bulbs that say they use 25 watts and replace 100 watt bulbs and they do say daylight on them, so far i have only hung one over my plant. but what has me worried now is the plant is about 4 days old and about 3 inches high but i havnt noticed to much growth in the leaves it seems to be mainly just the stem getting longer and longer, any advice there?:confused:

6. just place ur cfl's 2-4 inches away from your plant, it will eventually thicken out.

7. You are describing your plant stretching from lack of light. Give it lots of light now, and you may want to consider re-planting it and burying some of that stem.