Getting Stared at in Public

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JamesLee52, Jul 22, 2013.

1. #1 JamesLee52, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    What do you think about noticing someone staring at you in public?

I usually hate it. It makes me uncomfortable, and it's just plain rude. If it's a girl I usually assume it's because i'm attractive, that's fine. However, when I see guys staring at me, it bothers me.
    Like yesterday for instance, I went out to some awful Chinese buffet and twice when I turned my head to scan the room, the same random guy was staring straight at me, and once when I was walking back to my seat this other guy was staring me down with a pissed off look.

Also, I don't know if this is rude of me, but when I walk by someone and feel them staring at me, I almost always keep looking straight ahead.

2. #2 Treepuffer313, Jul 22, 2013
    I stare right the fuck into their eyes with my serial killer face like i'm looking straight into them and that usually scares the shit out of peoples!
    :bongin:

3. :laughing: @[member="Treepuffer313"] Serial killer face?

4. :laughing: damn, I need to start doing that.

images.jpg

Right there ^.

6. Start picking your nose

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF3R8t9T9BY&feature=youtube_gdata

8. I think a picture is in order. 

9. It sounds like paranoia.  These people you think are staring have got their own problems, which they're thinking about, they're not focused on you at all.  It's all in your mind.  

10. #10 JamesLee52, Jul 22, 2013
    @[member="Lazy Sunday"]

That guy is hilarious. :laughing:

11. I was out with a few friends few breakfast a couple weeks ago and this middle aged couple kept staring at us, so I turned and literally stared that bitch in the face for five minutes. Then I told my friends about it, loudly of course, and they stopped looking and my stoned ass had a feast of four pancakes, bacon, and two eggs.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

12. I always stare right back as if to say, 'you got a problem?'

13. #13 Meursault, Jul 22, 2013
    Why does it make you uncomfortable when strangers pay attention to you? I'm not saying that I don't relate, because I most definitely do, but you can't change the fact that some people are gonna do it, you can only change your reaction to it, so let's think about that a little bit. 

There are definitely people out there who don't have this problem. They are very few and far between, but I have met them and I'm sure you have as well. There really are people who don't feel that they have to retreat or hide anything from anyone, stranger or not. (Putting up a defensive wall of aggression is, in my opinion, just another form of retreat.) To me, these are the people who know exactly what they are or are at least comfortable with their not knowing and don't give half a shit whether you know also. I guess what I'm getting at is that this discomfort when someone else guesses at my being seems to indicate a fundamental insecurity I hold. I'm too scared to even fully take an honest look at myself and appraise the rights and wrongs of my principles and actions. God knows I don't want anyone else doing it...who knows what they'll see?

Or maybe I just have mustard on my face or some shit.  

14. lol that happens to me a lot, it gets pretty annoying sometimes, usually i will look away, then look back to see if they are still staring.

sometimes i wonder what is going through their heads when they are staring at me

15. I don't give a fuck if people stare at me in a bad way, let em. If they have a problem with me and don't confront me I just take it that they're a pussy, so I just let them rot in their own shit.

16. I love sitting shotgun and staring people down on the highway, it's hilarious.

It's even more funny if you drive through a ghetto area and stare at people, you can see them progressively become more and more angry haha

17. this reminds me one time i was on the train with my brother n this little black kid about 11-13 kept doggin us n he spoke up with a pissed off tone "wtf u lookin at?!" and were just like wtf lol "bro you were starin at us we dnt give shit about you!"

then the kid just walked off all confused haha

18. Just smile and nod. If you feel threatened, learn martial arts.

19. It is human nature to stare and be inquisitive, I myself am guilty of this, sometimes I don't realize I am doing it until I catch the person I am starring at looking right back.

Just walk around with your chin up and say bring on the stares.

Unless you just smoked a ton load of Super Silver Haze in big one hit then everyone is starring at you, cops out to get you and all sorts of mayhem.

lol

20. They probably stare at you cause ur hair is dyed pink and you haven't showered