Getting smoked up for the last time.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by After the shot, Feb 6, 2018.

1. So, here's a cool little story. 3 weeks ago my uncle passed away. He was estranged from the family for many years dealing with his issues with ptsd which was attributed to his service time during Vietnam. After getting himself well enough,, he finally reached out and wanted to spend as much time with the family as he possibly could. He became more of a father figure to me and a best friend to me over the last several years. Since I was a young child, Uncle Bob was an outspoken advocate for marijuana legalization and the benefits of marijuana as a medicine. He was passionate about several things. His wife, family, country, and weed top the list. He actually started growing and was able to enjoy his first harvest before his heart failed him. Sorry for the ramble, but felt a little backstory was needed. Well, a family friend who is a funeral director actually became close to my uncle as well. He handled everything regarding my uncle's funeral. Embalming, driving the hearse, he was a pallbearer as well (they were that close). As per my uncle's request, a cremation was arranged. He handled the transfer to the crematorium as well. Before my uncle was cremated, he put a fat bud in my uncle's suit jacket. He told me what he had done. I gave him a big hug. We cried. And smoked a cannon in my uncle's honor and talked about him for hours.
    He knew my uncle's passion for marijuana and said, "I wanted to smoke him up one more time".

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. That's so sad yet such a touching story, I hope you all remember him in your hearts. He will always live on in the 420 spirit getting on cloud 9 up there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I remember him and the good times constantly. Every time I look at my right hand.
    When he was in the hospital and failing. He and his wife were saying their final goodbyes, he told his wife that his eagle ring was to remain on his hand til his final breath and to pass it on to me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Wow I hope you're okay. That sounds a bit traumatizing. One day you should breed a strain and name it his first and last name. Name the strain after him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I'm doing fine. It would be cool to honor him with his own strain

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. What's his favorites if he had a preference?

7. Lamb's bread. He hadn't had it in years, but it's his all time favorite

8. So very cool. Sorry man.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Oh nice that's some classic herb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1