Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting Sick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by frankiee, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Hi guys. For starters, I'm new to these forums but not to smoking. I signed up so hopefully I can get a fix for my problem.

I've been smoking for about three years, and only hydro for about the past year. I smoke about 3-5 times a week. I've never ever had any problems.

About two months ago I smoked a moderate amount and passed out twice. I assumed was that I was dehydrated, and didn't think much of it. However, over the next few weeks whenever I smoked I'd start to feel like I was about to pass out, but I'd sit down and drink water and it'd go away. I also started getting dizzy randomly, even when I hadn't smoked.

So I wasn't sure what to think. I stopped smoking completely for a month, hoping my system would "reset itself" and everything'd be fine.

Last week I smoked again for the first time, just a couple hits. It was very normal, no dizziness or anything. I was making sure to drink water. When I started coming down, I got really nauseated, had cold sweats, like a really bad stomach flu - but only for five minutes. After that everything was fine again.

As a side note, shortly after all of this started happening I was prescribed medicine that killed my appetite, so I'm never hungry or thirsty, but I'm eating by the clock and I carry water around.

So is it just a matter of 'drink more water', or could it be something else? Bear in mind that this has happened with many different strains of weed.

I miss relaxing with my friends, and it's no fun being the sober one! Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

2. My friend said he has the same exact problem as you do and in his words.

"is he kidding me its an amazZinnggggg feeeling"

there u go

3. For starters I'm a she :)
    Buuut. I guess whatever's going on with your friend is not exactly the same thing, because it's the opposite of an amazzzzing feeling. It was kind of like having the flu, like I said, and passing out was pretty awful too, given how fast it hit me.

I have considered just rolling with the punches and taking the bad with the good but it doesn't seem worth it because the bad is pretty bad.

4. Any other ideas/input?

5. Could be a combination with the meds you're taking, especially since the meds you say kill your appetite and weed does the exact opposite. Just do one or the other and you'll prob be fine.

6. That's possible, esp. with the nausea. Makes sense. Thanks!

7. Are you by chance diabetic?

8. I'm not, as far as I know, though some of my extended family members have it. I don't have a significant number of symptoms, either, as far as I can google.
    Why?

9. This is definitely something you'd go see a doctor about and tell them your situation.

Random dizziness, nausea and the likes are most likely signs to a more serious problem that we can't diagnose or help much with.

Good luck fixing this prob you got frankiee.