Getting rid of the heat

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crucible, Sep 29, 2009.

1. I just built a 4'X4'X4' grow box. I lined it with aluminum faced insulation and put in a bathroom exhaust fan and inlet air fan. The problem I have is that the 400W sodium light gives off huge amounts of heat - too much for the exhaust fan. I turned it on today and after 3 hours it was 110F inside. What can I do to get it down? BTW, it's in the attic.

2. That a pretty small box for that light, Maybe like a 6 or eight inch vortex comething with high cfm rating. And if you can get a line to some cool air run that into the bottom of the box. Good luck

3. I have a similar size box (4x4x6'), running only CFLs, and have heat issues too. The only things that helped mine were to get a larger intake and exhaust (I went with a 12" box fan for intake at the bottom, and a 10" fan for exhaust at the top. Just above the 10" exhaust is another 4" fan for exhausting. I also set my timer so that the lights on schedule is during the late night/early morning hours when its coolest outside. Even with that, on a hot day up here I still get temps into the high 80s/low 90s.