Getting replacements for broken packages

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by ninja9578, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After waiting eight weeks for my package, it arrived broken. I've already sent support emails, but they've failed to respond. It seems the only way to get a response is to either post publically about it or threaten to sue. Someone respond to my fucking email, I sent a picture of the broken bong with my requests. I want a replacement express shipped to me or my credit card refunded in full. This is completely ridiculous, I could get the same damn product overnighted on amazon and I don't want to wait eight more weeks for an in tact one.

- a lost customer who has a lawyer who specialized in international law on him staff

2. Dont you think you're over-reacting?

Threatening to sue? Whats are you, 5?

*his staff

3. #3 ninja9578, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
    Not really, it seems to be the only way to get the attention of support. I've sent a number of requests about different things and only get a response if I threaten them. I've given them ample time to respond about the damaged package. If I pay for something, they have to get it to me in tact, that's how business works.

I'm not going to actually sue them unless they continue to ignore my problem, international lawsuits are expensive.

4. You do realize that GC has absolutely no control over how the shipping company treats the parcels right? If anyone you should be complaining to who ever delivered it to you, they were the middle man that made it possible for you to get your glass.

If you were to order off of any other site and the exact same thing happened are you going to sue them too because the delivery company was the one responsible for the condition of your package upon arrival?

Better yet you go to a head shop and you decide to buy a piece there and it breaks on the drive/walk home. Are you going to sue the owner of the head shop for the road being bumpy and you not taking proper precautions for it to arrive to the destination unbroken?

All I'm saying is, you shouldn't be so furious with the GC when the problem occurred when it was out of their hands.

I'm positive that you would have better luck PM ReformMaryJaneLaws about your situation.

5. Of course I realize that, I ship things across the world too. I'm possed off that their support is failing to respond to the problem. There is a procedure for dealing with damaged packages posted here somewhere. It says to take a picture of the damaged product and send support an email. My frustration is that they are yet to respond to that email telling me what to do next. I don't blame grasscity for the damaged product, but they are responsible for replacing it if it's damaged in shipping. That's what the insurance is for.

6. You will get your merchandise, I can promise that.

GC is not as big as amazon. I dont think they even have 10 employees, and some of those are the ones that work on the website. The forums and the shop are separate entities. SJ is the only link, and he will get it sorted out for you. They have been overwhelmed in holiday orders.

7. Yay lets get all angry at GC again for the shipping mistakes.

8. As I said, I'm not angry about it getting damaged in shipping, my products get damaged too. I'm angry that they are failing to respond to my request for help.

9. as 100000 threads have said, they are backed up with cust service because people seem to think its their fault homeland security is making all this shipping a pain in everyones ass. Just give it some time. If you dont mind, how long ago did you ask for help....

10. Ninja9578, shoot me a PM with your order number along with any support ticket numbers and I'll check on it for you. Title it Order Issue.

Support has been slammed with tickets due to the f'n Department of Homeland Security and everyone is pissed off at Support when they need to be pissed off at dear Homeland bullfuckingshit Security.

Just give me the info and I'll make sure it's checked out. :)

11. Hey ninja...I received your PM and as you stated, none of the emails made it to us. We only had tickets regarding the delay with your shipment. In order to follow protocol, I'll need you to open a Support ticket. I'll reply to your PM and tell you how to do what you need to do so that this can be taken care of for you asap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.