Getting ready to flower.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PNWClosetGrower, Sep 11, 2015.

1. So i'm getting ready to switch my babies over to the flower cycle in a few more days and i've heard more conflicting information on making the 12/12 flip. Some people say just flip the switch to 12/12 and some have told me to do it gradually adding an hour or two of dark each day until i get to 12/12. How do you guys do it, just flip the switch or gradually and does it matter? Maybe both ways work i really don't know but i don't want to mess up the switch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I just flip, never had any problems

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The latest directions from my seedbank (Dr Greenthumb) say to start flowering with 36 hours of darkness. I haven't tried that yet, but will next crop. I change the lights all at once. There are probably as many opinions as growers.
    Good luck for a bountiful harvest.
    Joker

• Like Like x 1
  4. There is many opinions, the reason i ask this here is because for the most part the people here are good, interested in seeing us all successful and don't just f with us to laugh at us later when we listen to bad advice. I'm pretty sure my garden would be dead right now if it wasn't for the awesome folks here but it's actually against all odds booming. =)

5. don't know the answer to this but good luck![​IMG]

6. Looking like it doesn't matter, i'm going to either give them 24 hours of dark and flip the switch to 12/12 or just flip it to 12/12 with no dark period.

7. I just flipped straight to 12/12 for my super skunks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just flip to 12/12. Doing long dark periods or gradual light change does nothing to effect the speed or vigor of your flower cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's like the same argument between using 24 for vegetating.... You'll have good arguments from both sides but the thing is usually they're both right. You decide what's best for your kids ultimately by good intel and trial and error.

• Like Like x 1