Getting ready for my first grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by VltnDennis, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Whats up folks,I have been reading on the forums for a while doing research so i thought it was time to join up since this is going to be my very first grow. I went with the "spacebucket" and i've learned a lot and i'm super stoked on starting to grow. I chose the shortrider auto from nirvana plus the 10 freebies which is awesome!

This was my light top but i was having problems with high temps so i added another spacer to the light top also i replaced one of the pc fans with a much powerful 115v fan

[​IMG]

Heres how it looks now which it has helped a lot with keeping things cooler inside the bucket.

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of more pictures of the bucket and the soil along with the nutrients.

[​IMG]

I switched the second intake fan from the spacer to the actual bucket because it helped keeping the temps down a bit more.
    [​IMG]

Still have to cover up that 115v exhaust fan more to prevent leaks of light
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is still a work in progress but it has been a fun learning experience, Any feedback is very welcome

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looks pretty cool to me, i haven't seen a setup like this. I'm curious to see how this unfolds and what you harvest out of it. Will you be starting a journal?

• Like Like x 1

3. Yes i am planing on starting a journal once the seeds show up. Really looking forward to give this a try!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Interesting set up. Subbed to see how your op goes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprouted on day 2
    [​IMG]

Planted ln day 3
    [​IMG]

How much water should i add at this stage and how often? I already gave it some 7ph spring water but im not sure if it was enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm assuming everything would need to be as it would in a normal room/tent

7. I just started my space bucket grow a week ago. I bought a clone tho. Ran into a couple newb problems. I think I over watered. You should look into a watering system. It's really hard to water it without dumping it all over the plant. Found that out the hard way. I think the water caused some kind of burn. 1st grow. I posted a video in my 1st post of my watering system. Check it out super easy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Little more progress, excuse the shitty picture.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ingenious setup. Subbed to see how this goes. Awesome so far.

10. #10 VltnDennis, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Better picture now on day 7 from seed. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Looking good my man

12. Day 9 from seed, how is she looking? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'd say going good.

Soil?
    Water?
    Temps?
    Light?
    Container?
    Strain?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looks very healthy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Its a short rider from nirvana on happy frog with 30% perlite on a 3gal pot. I have only given it ph7.0 water, no nutes yet but i have fox farm nutrients ready to go. It currently on a space bucket with 5 23w cfl's mixed spectrums and some led strips for side lighting. I am still wanting to bring the temps down a tad more. It is running around 83 degrees F with the lights on.

16. What are you using for ventilation?

17. 80mm pc fan for intake and a 92mm 115v fan for exhaust

18. Good to know. I am in the process of making a space bucket with 12 gallon buckets and 6 23 watt cfl. Got 2 120mm pc fans. 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust. Thinkin I might need to get another fan for exhaust. I'll find out this weekend when I finish the bucket. I plan on only using it for veg to keep a mother in.

19. Here she is at day 11, am i having heat problems? I've been paranoid about the temps being too hot. Its running at 84 with lights on and 74 with lights off.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. I'd guess your a little hot but your node spacing looks fantastic.

• Like Like x 1