Getting ready for first DWC grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by VictoryRider420, Feb 22, 2017.

1. What's up guys! I've surfed these forums long enough, finally decided to join!
    I've grown indoors and outdoors, both in soil. Indoors was 2 plant grow under a 250 watt hps and a few cfl's...but it's been a while and I want to do something different this time. Might want to grab a fresh bowl and beer.
    We'll start with my grow space-
    It's basically a 3x3x6 closet. I've lined my walls already and plan to use a sheet of plywood to cover the carpet. There is a can light fixture in the ceiling I can remove for power and/or an outtake and a switch I can delete and put 110 outlets in if needed. I plan on buying a 2x4x5 tent to flower in but we'll get to that later.
    This closet is in my snake room in the basement. The room stays fairly cool, the closet even cooler. I've blacked out the window already no light in the room unless my cages are lit up.
    Now my system-
    I want to start with a 4 5gallon bucket self contained dwc setup. I have my buckets most of which are black, air stones (walmart), air pumps (walmart), black hose, lots of extra buckets for nute changes. I also have some hydro nutes.
    I own my home so no worries there. No young-ins in the house so no worries there. My few questions...
    Back to my grow space, in veg do I need to worry about smell? If any-one of my snakes shit..it's fucking nasty smelling and I think it would over power it when it happens. As stated I plan to flower in a tent and keep clones in closet. Can I just run a large can filter for the entire room and vent it out? Or would I need one for the tent itself? I feel like I'd be killing 2 birds with one stone. In the closet, the can light fixture, I was thinking power or an outtake with a fan of some sort. What do you think?
    With my system, the air pumps have 2 hose option. Would one pump cover 2 buckets? I read on here to combine both outlets into 1 bucket. But, dam 4 pumps would be humming! Not to mention when I get into flowering in the tent. I'm not worried about being discreet but I don't want the sound of multiple pumps running constantly.
    I plan on buying the morsen cob full spectrum led 600 grow lights. Would 1 in the closet and 1 in the tent do the trick? Or 2 in each?
    Any input is greatly appreciated!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2. Hi...

I can address some of your questions. My plants hardly have any smell when in veg. Just a humid plant smell...very pleasant. It usually only gets stinky in the later stages of flowering. As far as the air pumps, it kind of depends on the output of your pumps. With DWC, you want lots of bubbles. I use a 1585 GPH air pump for a four bucket DWC/drip hybrid system (GH Waterfarms) just for the air stones! I use an 845GPH pump to power the drip columns and air stones in the reservoir.

Hope this helps.