Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting panic attacks.. which strains?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sar, Aug 3, 2011.

1. A lot of times I get panic attacks when I smoke. It starts out with my heart feeling like it's pounding out of my chest and that makes me focus on my body too much. I start hyperventilating and all that.

Are there any specific strains out there that will help me relax instead?

I've read that Indicas are more of a "body-high", but isn't that bad since my heart is pounding and I'm hyperventilating?

2. I think indicas arent so good for people with anxiety, but for some people its the opposite.

My friend had bad anxiety and panic attacks when he was high, so he usually only liked to smoke in the safety of his own home so we could smoke and watch tv and just chill.

I think you just need to be comfortable. I've had minor panic attacks when i was high(thinking i couldnt breathe, thinking my arm broke, etc.) but you just need to realize your high and let it go with the flow :]

3. Try and avoid self-consciousness-haze

4. wouldn't matter what strain. the only thing that matters is your MIND!

5. you're thinking too much.

i got so high once i thought i couldn't move and that i was having a seizure. the only reason i made myself believe it was true is because i have diabetes and it could actually happen if my blood sugars got too low. but, i was just over thinking about it and was fine.

6. Indica are great for people with aniety because they calm you down and you really don't give a fuck.

Sativas make your mind race. Which means if you have a lot on your mind, it will multiply it and cause you to re-evaluate every situation.

I'm not a weed doctor, but it sounds like you either smoked too much or smoked too fast. Take a couple hits to get high, then go from there. Don't try to be a champion even if people are encouraging you to smoke more.

7. Sativa is the only thing that helps my anxiety. It opens my mind.

Indica makes me not focused. So anxiety is more likely to happen.