Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting my friend ripped?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DontPassOnGrass, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Okay so this is starting to drive me crazy, I have a friend who had never smoked before he met me (I am such a bad influence right?:hello:), so I consider it my duty to smoke out a friend a few times to at least educate them a little and show them what weed is really all about.

here's the thing, this mother fucker CANT get high, or is barely getting high.

I have smoked him out 4 times, each session we are smoking 2-3 bowls between us out of either a spoon or bubbler. I keep instructing him on breathing 'correctly', holding it in, etc etc, he coughs fairly often so I think he is doing it right haha..

but shit this guy never gets high, i smoke the same amount as he does each session and im usually ripped and i dont consider myself to have a low tolerance, been smoking fairly often for a few years..

anyways i just dont understand wtf is up, i have heard of people not getting high their first, 2nd or even 2rd time, but damn. im thinking of using a nice bong next time and making him smoke like 3 bowls by himself just to get him high.

WHATSUPPPPPPPP:smoking:

2. maybe he is doing it wrong, or try smoking morelike u were sayin

3. ya try a bong or a vape, it will knock him on his ass...

4. Dude, if you know hes hitting it right, and you know hes taking adequate sized hits. Hes just lying, look at his eyes, if hes blazed, hes blazed.

A lot of noobs like to pretend their hardcore and have high tolerance from the beginning.

I remember me and a bunch of friends were chilling in my garage, and i had a friend come over that i knew from school, and we never smoked together, and i know he doesnt really. We smoked like, i dunno at least 5 bowls between the two of us. He kept saying he wasnt high but i knew he was. But then later on, we were walking around town and hes like....okay nowwww im high. lol

5. i am in your friends situation. i hate it. I've smoked weed probably 5-6 times now and nothing happens to me. I know im hitting it right i cough take huge hits allowing fresh air to come in after and my eyes are extremely red when im done. This last time there were some small effects but nothing to an extent where you could tell i was high. the weed i have isnt dank but its mids should get the job done. is it possible i cant get high? i use joints btw

6. Keep persisting bro, I didn't get high like the first 3 times I smoked. I was doing everything correctly, just didn't get high. I was thinking, "man, getting high sucks!" It took one other time tho, and I got totally blazed out of nowhere with smoking even less than I did before with similar quality bud. Maybe my body's defenses finally broke down or something.

Don't worry, many people I know didn't get high their first, or first couple times. Keep trying, something will come around to allow you to.

7. This is a well-known problem for a lot of first timers. Try a bong filled with ice, it will take the harshness out of the smoke. A lot of people who aren't used to inhaling smoke won't get high until their body gets used to it. When you cough, that's your lungs telling you "Don't take that much". Maybe he's trying too hard. As I said, try the ice method, tell him to take it slower, let his lungs adjust to it. Once he's past that first barrier he will get high. Just chill and take it slow.

8. Try edibles or a bong or a vape:cool:

9. I know I'm ripped because I tried to pronouce "2rd" and it came out like "turd" before I realized the typo.

Sorry that doesn't help, good luck with your friend.

10. ya im just gonna keep smoking untill it finally happens. just lost my source though so looking for a new one lol. ive got some weed left probbaly gonna try firecrackers.

11. If you are able to make brownies they will get you extremely blazed for like 4 hours or if you can get a vaporizer. A vape will def do the job.:smoking:

12. This is just my personal opinion, but if you force several bowls on him, you'll just waste your weed. His lungs are just going to reject it as long as he doesn't take it easy. I didn't get high for the first two weeks because I was trying hard. Once I tried it out of my friend's vape, it was smooth sailing. A bong filled with ice is the next best thing though. Also make sure he's actually inhaling it into his lungs, I actually had to swallow the smoke until I got used to deep inhaling.

13. Have him hit a ROOR with ice, first time I did that I was high for hours and I only had one hit.

14. same thats awesome

15. It took me six time to get high try making some firecrackers that should get him high guaranteed.

16. You need to take a large bong hit from a fairly large bong, with a large amount of weed. That should get your cherry popped.

17. I know it took me a few times before I really started getting ripped off it. I wasn't trying to fake a tolorance or anything. I would take decent hit cough a bit and then not be high and then eventually it just started to work right on me

18. all good ideas and points

i'd love to try the RooR bong with ice, except that i dont even have a bong (yet!) let alone a RooR...

i dont think he is faking high tolerance, he has no reason to? he wants to get high, he feels like a dumbass/guilty for smoking my weed and not getting high

poor noobie right?