Getting my first tattoo

Discussion in 'General' started by figarofigaro, Jul 14, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

There is nothing I love in this world more than Harry Potter :rolleyes:

I've been listening to the audiobook since I was 4 years old every night before I go to sleep.

My parents are going to be really pissed... but I know this is something I really want to do.

It'll be on my left forearm, just like the Death Eaters have.

I have the cash in my bank account, just need to get the balls to actually go out and do it. :p

2. Don't get that tattoo. I guarantee you will want it covered up like a mutherfucker one day.

3. If that's what you want, then more power to you.

But remember, you might not be all that into harry potter when you're 40.

4. please dont do that. this girl at the grocery store has a harry potter tattoo and u can tell she hates explaining her tattoo when asked what it means

5. Are you gathering the balls because it'll be a fight with your folks or because you are a tiny bit unsure about the whole thing?

I'll ignore my hatred of Potter but if you are even slightly unsure about a pop-culture, or any tat really.....you should probably skip it or at least go with a stencil for sometime to feel it out.

6. Unless you're just nervous about how it'll feel to get, I wouldn't get that. Tattoos aren't something you want to have doubts about getting.

7. Trust me, only doubts I have is the beating my mom is gonna throw me when I walk through the door.

I've been wanting this for years.

8. dude don't tattoo your forearm

just don't

9. Oh and getting tattoos that you can't cover up with a short sleeve shirt is a bad idea until you're actually settled into a decent career in life. A lot of places don't hire people with visible tattoos.

10. Going to risk being called a faggot or whatever here, but norrassed. I also love Harry Potter, and I contemplated incorporating a symbol into one of my sleeves (when I get them). All I'd say is get something slightly less conspicuous maybe? Such as the sign of the deathly hallows or some shit. Or even something like a time turner, which could even look cool if you do eventually grow out of harry potter :)

11. ^ deathly hallows sign would be pretty cool... they didn't really mention it in the movies

12. For the love of god don't..

If you absolutely have to, get a real skull and snake so it's not so cartoony

13. harry potter is a pussy, don't get that.

14. I knew I was gonna get flamed. I honestly don't mind though :D

If you're getting a tattoo it should mean something to you, and this definitely does.

When I was institutionalized (psych hospital) I read Harry Potter every day. Only thing that kept me going for 8 months really.

15. I love the dark mark and was considering it myself. But for some reason, ink is still looked down upon. I have a few different pieces of ink on myself, but always hide-able for work. It really can hurt when you're looking for a job.

Tldr

Probably going to get it on my ribs instead adjacent from another piece of ink.

16. Nice man, just got my first one on Thursday. :D

17. I have a rule... pick a tattoo and one year later you can get it.... I have yet to get a tattoo...

im constantly evolving, and so is my taste..... I have yet to even get my kids names in fear i might have another one and make the last one mad....

18. I wouldn't get it on your forearm. For now, all my tattoos are going to be easily covered by a t-shirt and jeans. I'll wait till I'm older to get anything on my arms/hands (I'm 22).

Plus, small tattoos just look awkward on an arm, IMO. For something like you pictured, I'd say your thigh or maybe your chest would be a good spot (unless you already have plans for those locations). I just don't recommend younger people to get highly visible areas inked, unless you currently/plan to work in a field where you KNOW it won't make a difference. Because, unfortunately, visible tattoos definitely do make a difference when it comes to job searching, in some cases.