Getting my first dab rig help

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by dlo93, Apr 10, 2014.

1. whats up everyone. I want to get my first dab rig. Budget for just rig 100-150 ish. Need titanium nail no glass. Can anyone send link to some good quality name brand rigs for good prices. thanks everyone

2. #2 frr, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    I just picked up a titan owl nail and it was only 30$!!!!!! Amazon hooks it up. Grade 2 titanium and they threw in a free slick taner. Would recommend buying if your low on money.

For a rig id go down to the HS and look around. There's gotta be something. They have dab rigs at the 7/11 down the street so I'm sure you'll be able find one, with the money left from buying a nail.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HGJ4AA4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1397187420&sr=8-2Ï€=SX200_QL40

3. Shit I hope I'm not breaking the rules

4. I would say skimp on the glass and get a good nail for the time being. Look at highly educated nails. I spent $150 on my infinity nail alone then an extra $60 on the dabber and car cap combo. My rig was only $100

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Agreed with this. You can break glass, you won't break a nail. My nail was 120 and hit great, but the infiniti is way better. My rig was 150, get something with a skinny neck, you want a slow stream of smoke, not a fat dense hit like with a bong rip.

6. just get a quartz nail for starters, they's cheap, delicious and work well.

7. Titanowl makes some decent stuff. I have two neodymium magnets (from a hard drive) and I held them to the nail and it didn't attract in the tiniest bit, and these magnets do some serious work. I have the one that looks like the Highly Educated domeless and it worked great for a few weeks now.

8. thats pretty simple. get a $40 HE nail. and then a BBB $20 torch. thats 90 left. then u can get a small cheap little rig. i think the smartest way to start out is getting a nice nail and reliable torch. u can always change ur glass but u want something u can get fat good hits from
    and then heres a good quality rig for $50.
    http://www.brotherswithglass.com/Kraze_Glass_Angled_Neck_Cerc_Perc_Concentrate_Bubb_p/bwg-kg005.htm
    nd there u go for $110 u have a reliable rig. 

9. Do some research and find a solid titanium nail from a name brand titanium manufacturer.  As mentioned above, a Ti nail is going to last you a long time.  

10. Sorry to restart this, but what do the magnets mean? I'm thinking about getting a titanowl 

im not sure if those magnets are considered "rare earth magnets" or not, but that is what is recommended to use.
    if the nail moves in the slightest bit from a rare earth magnet, then it has some other type of metal.
    however, this is not a sure-fire method for discovering the legitimacy of cheaper nails.
    it could easily be a cheaper nonmagnetic metal, coated in a thin layer of titanium.

12. Yes! ^^

Please read my thread about the magnet test, I will bump it in a sec for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum