Getting my first bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Zònk, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Well Im planning on buying my first bong but I sadly only have a total spending amount of about $50. Ive found a few small glass bongs with slides and a few other glass ones as well. Right now Im trying to decide if I should get glass or acrylic. Im really wanting a glass one but with my price rang Im somewhat leaning to the acrylic ones. Dose anyone have any suggestions on a bong or brand I should buy?

2. You can get a nice 8-10 inch glass bong for about $50. and glass is way smoother than an acryllic bong so go with that.

3. #3 Zònk, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
    Yea Im actually thinking of getting is a 10 inch one from Shivadas. Im mostly looking online since the closest head shop is about 40 mins away.

4. Anyone got any suggestions on what brand or one to get?

5. Well with $50 dollars the brand won't matter much. My advice to you is to try and get glass on glass. It is much better than the gaskets with the o-rings, those are just straight up wack.

So I would have to say GonG, and if you can't afford one, you should save up a little more money to get that, because it's worth it.

6. i was in the same situation and got an acrylic and i dont regret it for one second its like 1.5 feet tall and double chambered got it for $40 put a glass bowl in it and ur groovin haha

7. Dude, if you can, I would strongly suggest you save up another 40 bucks.

90 bucks will get you something much, much better than what $50 will. You can get some pretty decent tubes for that price. I know that Phire and Pure have some $90 GonG pieces that are about 12-14 inches tall. Delta 9 has some 80-90 dollar pipes too, but a lot of them have a rubber connection between the downstem and the bong itself, and that's kind of a drag. I'm sure there'll be some other tube brands at your local headshops that aren't around everywhere else, check those too.

If you can't afford to save another $40, just do your best to get a GonG piece.

8. Yeah, save a little more, like I bought a 20 inch glass on glass bong, straight tube, 3 tree perc, diffused down stem, and ice chamber, for $120. So I suggest you save for a little while longer.