Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting MMJ in Canada

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JustBlaze619, Aug 10, 2008.

  1. #1 JustBlaze619, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
    If I can get a doctor to diagnose me with carpel tunnel (or maybe something similar), will that be enough to satisfy a dispensary's "Category 1"?

    "Category #1 is for people who are suffering from AIDS/HIV, arthritis, cancer, crohn's, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, glaucoma, hepatitis C (active), intractable pain, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, paraplegia or quadriplegia. For Category #1 Applications, your doctor (licensed MD or ND) must provide a diagnosis of your condition (among those listed above). He/she need not even know what the diagnosis is for - and thus does not even have to be supportive of your self-medication with Cannabis (although a supportive doctor is, of course, preferred). We feel that for these conditions diagnosis is more than sufficient as far as doctor support goes, and we have found it necessary to allow for membership without explicit doctor support due to ignorance and confusion among many medical professionals."

    EDIT: BTW, I work as a cashier and I think I actually have a mild wrist injury. I can say it increases the inflammation. Maybe for chronic pain? For now, BM FTW bro
  2. umm.. I guess not?
  3. Reality check time! - FAT FREAKIN' CHANCE!

    Hon, go over to , a nice little Canadian MMJ site. Run a search on "Hellth Canada" (yeah, spelled like that) and see how much "fun" it is to try to get legal! You need to come to California to get legal for anything that is less than life-threatening! Getting your doctor's approval is nearly IMPOSSIBLE! Hellth Canada has strongly discouraged doctors from giving approvals. The few doctors who do, are very secretive about it! No way you are going to get legal, but please try...then post about it!

    Granny :wave:
  4. I have done that already. I'm not trying to get legal but just trying to get diagnosed and join a dispensary.
  5. I am a medical grower working for 2 dispensaries in Vancouver, Canada.

    Getting your licence is not as difficult as previously stated, there are about 10 steps to take, including a criminal record check (To grow legaly NOT to consume legaly).

    Could you be included ... Yes, this is chronic pain, but I would make serious issue out of it in that you can claim that you can barely move when affected by humidity for instance and can barely move. You might also want to claim that you have arthritis in yoru joints as well. Tell the codtor that the only thing that helps you be able to move is MJ and you should be fine. Make sure to say that this is a serious, debilitating, chronic issue and you should be accepted (Here in Vancouver anyways).
  6. good news, I just need a bit more assurance before I go to a doctor as I don't wanna look like an idiot lol

Share This Page