Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

getting mind off marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chroniccommand, Jul 25, 2010.

1. So I've been smoking for a while now. Not everyday, but every once in a while. I feel almost addicted now as weed is always on my mind. How could I get my mind off weed for a bit?

2. just have things to focus on, whether it be school or work or whatever you have going on in your life right now. hang out with your friends and do things that you did for fun before you started smoking

3. Play a lot of video games and drink some energy drinks to catch a nice little buzz that can be enjoyable. I am not claiming you can get truly high off energy drinks but they can be pretty fun.

4. You have to learn self control. All you really can do. Or find a job. If you work part time, find another part time or request full time. Too young? Make a little neighborhood business. Self control works real well for me. I've been trying to sober up the past two weeks for a job and I deal with weed everyday. Only guy with a med card in my circle of friends so I constantly am supplying to their demands.

5. Well cannabis is not physically addicting so your not addicted, but it can be habit forming. Its always on your mind because you enjoy it and we always want to be doing things that we enjoy.

So to get your mind off of it take up some new hobbies. Find other ways to occupy your time. If you are busy with your day to day life you won't be so concentrated on smoking or the next time your smoking.

6. Do stuff. Being bored makes me think about cannabis a lot. But if I'm with friends or something, working, whatever I'm content.

7. If you feel addicted to marijuana then you must have a really addictive personality, which in that case I would recommend that you stop doing drugs all together.

I smoke nearly everyday, and pot isn't always on my mind. I focus on what I have/need to do on a particular day (work,cleaning the house,errands) and then when I get all that done I find time to smoke.

You have to remember weed is a hobby, don't let it take control of your life. People who like to play golf don't sit around and golf ALL day, they have things they have to get done.

8. Pick up a hobby.. Try skateboarding