Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting Low blood sugar.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TheGreen13, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Ok so im a new Medical Marijuana patient. Im using oil with Vaporizing. With an indica strain rated for 35.4% THC and a Sativa/CBD strain rated for 29.4% THC and 14.8% CBD.
    So far both strains make me feel anxious. But most of all out of the 5 times ive used them so far i cant fall asleep and when i do i wake up in the night after only 3hrs of sleep with a racing heart beat, sweaty, cold, and entire body shaking and feel like im going to die.

Happened again last night. And i started to research and found it was symptoms of really low blood sugar. Im not going to lie i still worry its heart related. But i did take about 2 tablespoons of honey, a banana and glass of milk and it helped a lot!! But still could not fall back asleep. So im typing this right now in zero sleep and feel like a train wreck.

What do i need to do to combat this. And yes i eat before bed. Do i eat something with more sugar before bed instead of eating healthy like i usually do??

Or do i stop using marijuana and chock it up as not being good for me? Dont really want to die in my sleep and super low blood sugar is nothing to screw around with especially with the super fast heart rate.

2. There are a couple of things to consider.
    First, you might be overdosing, which can lead to some of the symptoms you are experiencing.
    Second, cbd is very energizing for some of us, can cause insomnia, and kill the thc high. That's what it does to me.

Exactly what form (oil, concentrate, herb, etc) are those two things you are using?
    And what dosing info is available on any bottles (such as mg thc per mL oil)?
    Depending on what you have, there might be some things you can try.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They are 500mg Vaporizer. 200 doses per. The Medical Marijuana pharmacy recommends 1 to 4 puffs every 4 hours. Im not even doing that because im starting low and slow. Ive only been doing one puff once a day so theres no way im over doing it.

Yesterday i took it at 2:30pm and was fine until later. Keep me up and when i did finally fall asleep i was awaking with fast heart rate and shaking. And thats with me taking the bare minimum. I didnt even touch it today because im still recovering and feel out of it. Either this Marijuana doesn't agree with me or like i said its affecting my sugar levels. Im thinking im reactive hypoglycemic.

This really sucks because its all i have left for my pain. If i cant use it i guess im just going to have to deal with constant pain for the rest of my life. I swear im cursed.

4. Oh and to your question on what kind. Its Katsu Bubba Kush and the other is Harliquin.

5. Try vaping herb Dry weed instead of oils
    oils are very strong

6. I wish i could. Dry form is not legal in my state. Just oil, pills, and tincture.

7. Assuming that the vaporizer doses are 1 puff, then one dose is (500 mg)/200 = 2.5 mg
    That's a micro-dose, so you definitely aren't overdosing.

I'm assuming that the vape is Harlequin, and the oil is Bubba Kush.

Harlequin is a high cbd sativa, so it is an excellent daytime choice.
    Bubba Kush is one of my favorites, and should provide good sleep.

If the vaporizer is causing you trouble, try not using it, and just use the Bubba for sleep for awhile.
    It might also help with daytime pain, assuming it doesn't put you to sleep.

8. Well the Harliquin was lab tested at 29% THC which is crazy high for a Harliquin strain from what i researched online. And the Bubba did the same thing as far as side effects and waking up at night shaking and fast heart rate. And got zero sleep both times. And i did both on separate days. Same reaction to both.

With my symptoms and from what researched it seems like its dropping my blood sugar crazy low. And my heart rate speeding up isnt good either. Today ive been getting pinching type pains in the heart. Not gonna lie getting worried now. Especially since i still feel dizzy. Its going to be hard to get sleep feeling like this.

9. I'm a type 1 diabetic and weed doesn't really effect my blood sugar but I do monitor it more closely when I smoke just to be safe. Also before I go to sleep I do generally try to make my blood sugar go up a bit so it doesn't go low in my sleep (which if it does I end up waking up and I'm sure you probably would too your body will not just let you sleep it off and die.)

This is all probably not due to the weed at all and rather your diet in general. You may need to eat or drink more carbs to prevent hypoglycemia. You should really talk to a doctor about it they're the only ones that will be able to give you the help you truly need. Take all the advice I or anyone else gives you here with a grain of salt and listen to what a doctor has to say.

10. From what ive read marijuana is ok for type 1 diabetes. But its not good for someone with reactive hypoglycemia. With type one you want something to bring your blood sugar down a little. With hypoglycemia you dont.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. I'm pretty new to medical marijuana, but from what you describe it sounded like me when i was using too high a thc level and it gave me panic attacks. I can't have anything over 17% thc without negative weed paranoia

12. Total thc is what matters, not thc%.
    1 gram of 10% thc herb will be equal to 1/2 gram of 20% thc herb.
    But the non-thc medicine doses will be different.
    One CO dose is 10 mg thc.
    5 mg can knock some new users out; other new users might need 20+.

13. You need to get a better diet. Blood sugar swings when you dont have blood sugar issues means its being controlled by one of your other factors meaning food and sugar. Consume more food before you smoke or vape and you wont have so many issues. Eating before bed is fine. Eat the right kind of foods before you smoke.

Of course honey helped. It raised your blood sugar...

14. Agree.
    In particular, a vegan diet can cure many ailments NutritionFacts.org | The Latest in Nutrition Related Research

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. When did you have the panic attacks? Right after using or hours later? The reason i ask is with in 3 hours right after i had taken it i was mostly fine. Yes i had some heart palpitations and felt high but it was 9hrs+ later when i had the real negative side affects like the racing heart,cold sweats, shaking and major insomnia. If i had taken to much wouldn't it have affected me right away? Im only thinking out loud.

16. I eat a super clean diet. Oatmeal and egg whites with an apple for breakfast, chicken breast with green peas and brown rice for lunch, a hand full of walnuts for a snack here and there, handfull of strawberries or blueberries for a snack, baked Salmon with a sweat potatoe and asparagus for dinner and at night ill either hit up some leftovers of the healthy foods from lunch or dinner or ill make something before i go to bed. I feel like i eat better then 90% of people out there? I dont know what more i can do?

17. So how do i dose 35% THC from my Vaporizer? Right now i have it set to the lowest burn setting and only press the button once and take one small hit? Dont know what else i can do?

18. I have ptsd and an anxiety disorder, so i am no stranger to panic attacks. I am also a diabetic and know the feeling of low blood sugar. I can only speak from my experiences and when my heart is beating so hard and I'm sweaty and shaky and know I'm dying, that's a classic panic attack for me. With low blood sugar i feel really faint, weak, i can't really think properly and feel really nauseous. I can have a panic attack any time after smoking a higher thc level, but like i said i have an anxiety disorder so things could affect me totally different.
    Whatever is going on with you i feel for you!! I know how horrible you must have been feeling when it was going on. Hope you figure out how to avoid it happening again.

19. If my calculations above are correct, then one vaporizer hit from your dispensary vape is getting you about 2.5 mg thc.
    You might try experimenting with vape temp if possible, but I'd guess you'll need several hits to feel anything.

20. I also have ptsd and an anxiety disorder. So i totally understand how you feel in that aspect. But this was more physical then a typical panic attack for sure. Even my viens shrunk like pin needles and i was super cold and shaking and my extemities legs and arms where jerking.