Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting Kief out of a unique bag?!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Scremf, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Okay so here is my story. I have a friend who buys what I believe Is five pounds of green in these sealed clear plastic bags. He takes this bag and cuts open the top and distributes it out of that bag only until it is all sold and empty. So I talked him in to giving me these bags when he finishes them because there is so much
    Kief stuck there it’s unbelievable.
    I get my first bag home watching it twinkling in the light.
    Then I open this clear bag to discover that there is what I believe to be some kind of screen against one side of the bag. I had never seen this and I’m not sure what it’s true purpose is, but it’s not metal it’s soft feeling. Just like the bag itself but with these tiny ridges all over it. What happened when I cut that strip out and shined my light on it I saw that literally all the Kief is stuck In this screen. As if it were designed to be some kind of Kief catcher built right in the the bag. Anyway, I want to know how I can get this Kief out of this so I can enjoy it? What is this trick people do with ISO? How do you get the ISO to evaporate? And when it does is all that is left is the Kief? Also does the Kief ever dry? I want to find a way to get all that Kief and I’d love for it to stay dry or if not be able to go back to being dry! Sorry for talking forever! But please help me?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

2. You could tip iso in it mix then pour it into a plate/dish & collect it once evaporated

Or just put the bag ontop of peice of paper & keep shaking till you get a good pile then press it yourself with your hands till it makes a solid hash

Can you post pictures at all of these bag?? I have a rough idea of what you have but I don't want to give you some advice that could back fire & you lose it all lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah I've chipped in:) i just hope OP can post a picture so I can give them the best option to extract the keif :smoke:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I reckon iso would be ya best bet if you want it all off.
    Tho iso can react with some plastics and make them soft so make it a quick wash. But as brews says shake and rub off what you can first.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thank you guys so much! I don’t have a picture of the bag as I already cut this screen thing out of it and then in to smaller pieces. The pieces are a little bigger than a piece of paper I will send a picture absolutely! Also if I use the ISO how do I get it to evaporate?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG][​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Not worth the hassle. Buy some buds bro.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. I don't have alot of experience with iso so idk how it would react with plastic I've only used it clean glass bongs...

I'd personally scrap if off with some kind of blade or even a butter knife/a spoon

You could even fold the bag then rub it together till all the keif falls out but do it over a piece of white paper so you'll see what the yeild is easier :)

9. I'd do it purely because it's free since OP got given the bag lol

Even if you only get a bong rips worth it's still a free high man :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Get a few bags ready and some 99.9% iso then fill a clean tray that that bags fit in dip the bags in and thengive it a min or 2 the lift one bag at a time and let it drip dip it ahain then lift it should dissovle the thrichomes evap the iso see what ya get then you will know if its worth it or not. I do simila with my glass jars after a feww rounds of bud has gone it its got stuff all stuck to it so some iso or vodka will get it all off pluds ppl like a lil hit of weedy vodka.

11. You can either leave the iso out in a warm area not near any open flames & it'll evaporate naturally or you can use a double boiler method to do it faster.. if you do decide to do that make sure you do it outside in a open space as Iso is flammable & the last thing you'd want to do is set a fire in you're house

12. Thank you so much! Does it have to be 99.9 ISO?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hop already used a razor and a new tooth brush but the rest is just not coming off. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP scraped it with razor and tooth brush and then put it in a vile and weighed it. There was just shy of half a gram

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. As close to as you evapping it if its less it will leave shit behind 99.9% is best as 99.9% will fucl off into the air

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ah very smart! Thank you so much!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Iso can if given time make some plastics soft so if using it on plastic id get its on an off with in a few mins :)

• Winner Winner x 1

18. Not bad at all for free man & you'll get a couple of decent bowls out of that

• Like Like x 1