Getting kief out of a grinder

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by justcallmekg, Nov 19, 2015.

1. So i have a grinder with a kief catcher but its doesnt work very well so most of it is just stuck in the grooves around the grinder and shit. Theres clearly alot there but i dont have the right tool or approach to get it out. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Maybe try washing a small coin and putting in the bottom container before shaking the buster. It might knock a lot of the crystal down.

3. A lot of people use the micro brush that comes with electric shavers. Or just use a regular fine tip paint brush.

4. You can just head to a 99cent shop and pick up one of those crappy small paint brushes. Or pick up some of those sharp qtips that girls use for makeup.

5. Qwiso wash it ans scrape it all back up and get super high.

6. Yep. OP all you've got to do is shake rubbing alcohol in the grinder, pour that into a bowl and let it dry. You'll be left with some nice "hash" and a shiny grinder!

Cheers

7. I use 2 tools for this.

1) A toothpick to scrape kief out of grooves/etc.

2) My grinder came with an itty bitty little spatula-like thing (not the floppy kind, the hard kind). The spatula part of it is maybe the size of my pinky nail.
    It works decently enough for gathering & picking up kief from the catcher area and depositing it wherever you like.

8. Well put. That "spatula-like thing is great for scooping kief and if they're weighted, good at pushing kief through the screen too :) I've got some made of special metals, coming soon!

Cheers

9. 1.Scrape or brush out all remains of herb on tray.
    2. Clean screen and grinder w alcohol and brush.
    3. Rinse with hot water and let dry.
    4. Voila, you will have kief soon!

10. 1) Put it in a freezer for about an hour
    2) Take it out and bang on the part you want the kief from
    3) done