Getting in shape

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by werdupmang, May 26, 2010.

1. Hey there guys. A little about me, I am a male. I am 5'10 and 162 lbs. This may not sound like very much I have VERY little muscle on my body. I can bench like 85 lbs and can not even do a proper pushup, let alone pullup, etc. I also have alot of chest fat (man boobs) and a stomach that is not firm whatsoever. I have skinny, long arms and average length legs, chubby thighs skinny legs. I have a smallish frame however, so while wearing a shirt I look like everyone else. Any tips to help me shed some pounds and gain LOTS of muscle would be great.

2. I have a bench set, 5 10 15 20 lb dumbells, a treadmill, and a standing bike or whatever its called

3. first of all, you have to be patient and willing to put in the work. rome wasn't built in a day and it will take a lot longer than a day to turn you into a roman god.

that being said, you need to start small and progressively add more time/weight/effort to whatever you are doing. for instance, start out jogging for 10 mins at 4.0 mph on your treadmill. in a few days go to 11 or 12 mins. then the next week go to 11 or 12 mins at 4.5 mph. and so on and so forth. its the same thing with lifting weights.

Scoobys Home Bodybuilding Workouts

^this guy knows his shit. check out what he has to say. if you have any questions i"ll be sure to help, as i am fairly knowledgeable about this subject, having transformed my body in the past.

4. Find "Starting Strength", read it and follow it to a T