Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting hookups in a foreign country

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lurklurk, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Was not sure if this was the correct forum, and I want to make sure that this is not a hookup thread as that is against the rules here.

I'm in Northern France (Lille) and I want to go out and start looking for bud. However, I speak little-to-no French, and I'm not sure how I should ask. As a foreigner, I'm sure I'm an easy target to rip-off. Knowing what to say and how to ask will probably help limit myself getting ripped-off.

So how does one go about asking for weed in French? (If you happen to live in France and want to help me out, that'd be fucking awesome)

Sucks because I smoked everyday back in the States, and having been dry for close to 2 weeks here, I'm starting to get irritated. ):

2. Shameless bump.

3. If you don't speak their language... try hand gestures. Act like you're hitting a doob or if you want to lighten the situation with a joke, maybe imitate the sound a bong makes and pretend to rip one?

Sucky situation, man. I hope you find some!

4. Ha Ha Ha, do this and you are more likely to end up with a Ukrainian prostitute...hopefully she'll look like Solo's picture.

Go to local skate park.
    Bring cash.
    Be calm and polite.
    This has worked for me in three countries (USA, Canada, Germany), with relative ease.

"Savez ou' je peux arriver le marijuana?" -Know where I can get some marijuana?

5. The French word for weed is herb, but you have to say it like this : eahb you know? Or you could just say herb with a French accent. Say that with a question kind of way and you know, put a fake doob up to your mouth and I'm sure they'll know what your looking for

6. C'est "la herbe", ainsi que le cannabis et la marijuana, parmi des autres

Bonus: le chanvre - hemp

7. I lived in Thailand and found bud off motorcycle taxi guys, bud ther sucked tho

8. Gonna bump this thread for any specific Lille information anyone might have.

9. Never been to France, but if it's like everywhere else I've been in Europe just walk around the busy parts of town and chances are someone'll ask you if you want some.
    Might be a bit harder to do at this time of year but I've managed it in February before.
    One time in Barcelona a dude just ran up to me outside a KFC in the busiest street around (in broad daylight might I add) shouting 'Cocaine! Ecstasy! Hashish!'. I didn't actually buy off of that dude, but one of the other 50 I was accosted by later.
    I'm an obvious stoner though so that probably helped. Could try a wig?:smoke:

10. The annoying part is that Lille appears to be different than the rest of Europe. I was walking around for about three hours and didn't see any stoner-esque type guys or gals...and no one tried talking to me like they apparently did with you.

11. Get on the train and go to the dam

12. I believe there is an app for that.

13. What puffin said

14. How long are you there? Why have you been there for so long if you don't know the language? Family move? I'd start learning the language or some shit bro

15. Hate to sound racist, but look for Arab illegal immigrants. Especially in northen France, there's a pretty good chance that an Arab illegal has come from Morocco, or has contacts in Morocco. Morocco = Hashish.

16. When I was in Paris I copped bud near champ elyesse on two separate occasions .. Both times it was African dudes just hangin out on benches or near metro station entrance. I used the international non verbal joint hitting gesture to get my point across. They served me loose almost ground mids, about two and a half grams for 20€ .. Def a tourist price lol

I'd say look around in public areas and most of south Europe has these north Africans who sling on the street and also pimp hoes so be careful and good luck man .. I know the feeling

17. I'm here for about 3 months. Study abroad program.

18. Also webehigh dot com may be of help to you op ...

19. I left this part out, but yeah these have always been the people that are pushing it in my experiences.