Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

getting high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jakegetsbaked91, Apr 2, 2013.

1. anyone else hate that term? I always felt almost dirty saying "I'm high" even w the pro-cannabis culture. I much prefer medicated, lifted, hell even stoned is better than high IMO. unmentionables get you "high". weed just makes you relaxxx. :smoking:

anyone else hate the term?

2. I'm high right now.

Medicated sounds retarded unless you use it as medicine. Lifted sounds immature.

Stoned... well... it's an old term which I use rarely.

3. I somewhat agree, me and my friends are starting to use the term medicate(d).

4. Yo homie Im high as shit off dis loud ass fire hydro kush.

High is just a word. Would you prefer "hey guys lets alter our state of mind"?

5. I've said that before:cool:

6. It doesnt matter either way youre getting high. Me and my friends sometimes use medicated and sometimes we just say lets get high. Same thing.

7. I think i agree with OP. I just don't like saying high, especially when i'm not going full out. It's kind of like having two beers over an hour and saying "i'm drunk". Not true and just sounds awkward. I dont really know what else to call it though. Theres no term that dosen't carry a shitty social connotation because of prohibition.

8. Yes, I would prefer it if you began saying that instead of, "I'm high."

9. That's that shit I don't like and when people say pot.

Medicated is so dope

10. I always notice it is people who are anti-marijuana that call it pot. :rolleyes:

11. Let's smoke some drugs and get high! :smoking:

12. So true, no one who is pro-cannabis says "yo lets go smoke some pot". Asked a medic (anti-cannabis guy) last week if he could get me some syringes and he said im probably going to try growing pot with em. :confused:

Medicated sounds a bit silly. It just brings up those medical users who look down on rec users and try separate themselves. (not saying all do this, just some)

I perfer "getting blazed", "baked" or even "stoned" but have no problems with "high".

Although it may be contributing to people lumping drugs into one category. You know, "the marijuana high gets weaker then you move on to something with a better high". Which obviously doesn't happen since drug effects vary greatly.

13. If you aren't getting high, you aren't doing it right :smoking:

14. this is pretty much what I mean. getting blazed is a good one.

it has such a negative stigma attached to it that I dont think should apply to weed

15. Or "dope".

"They call it dope for a reason" ('cause they're propaganda-peddling purveyors of cognitive biases)

16. I call it pot...

17. exactly, dope gets you high. not weed

18. I say I'm smacked. Or baked. But high does sojnd Alittle hard. Like crack high lol

19. I call weed pot, and I always say let's go get high, or let's get baked.

20. I just say "im faded right now"