Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting high very easily lately...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bkd, Aug 31, 2007.

1. I have been smoking steadily for about a year and a half now, up to about five times a day. Me and my best friend chilled every day and got high and we both smoked about the same amount and got equally as high. Then i started getting high alot easier and its been like that ever since im not saying its a bad thing being able to get really high off one bowl but im just looking for an explanation for this and or a story about this same incidect. Can anyone explain this?

2. Could be a different strain of marijuana

3. But thats the thing it was the same bud

4. Perhaps your tolerance builds up to a breaking point where your subconsious knows your body is stoned, and it acts as a placebo? OR possibly even DOES get you higher?

5. Idk well I guess I'll head up to my room and do some more "reshearch" on this subject.

6. never happened to me. I'm always smoken Backwoods with smokentoke and the bro's. usually we got an 8th in them 'woods.

7. I can relate to this almost completely.

After smoking daily for about a year straight since my last tolerance break, I took a ONE day break. ONE day. I have been getting higher every time I smoke since then (about 4 months now).

8. People's bodies take to marijuana differently. I can smoke .1 of some headies and get stoned...however, it takes a friend about half of a gram of the same stuff to get high.

9. I'm not sure if this relates in any way to marijuana, so I apologize if I am incorrect. Here's my $0.02.

As everyone knows, alcoholism (and many other addictions and diseases) are progressive, meaning the symptoms worsen over time. Once an alcoholic reaches the late stage of his addiction, it is not uncommon for the body to almost "give up" to the alcohol, and users experience a large drop in tolerance. I don't remember exactly why this is (I still think I learned a lot in rehab, lol) but it may have some similar occurrences in weed as well, even though marijuana is not physically addictive.

It may also be a genetic thing. I've always had a much larger tolerance than my other friends. That really sucks. I would love to be in your shoes!

10. yo i go thru the same shit ive been smoking for like 5 years now.. alot more than 5 times a day :x hahaa but ya sometimes my tolerance is rrrreally high and ill need to smoke a blunt to my dome to get my peek, but sometimes it only takes a bowl or two... and its not different weed.

I dont have an explanation for it, but it happens to me too, so dont worry bro, the tolerance comes back around.

11. THe alcohol thing is because your liver degrades and can't process it out of your blood. But I have a large book about pretty much every drug(legal and not legal) and it says often time marijuana users can develop an odd reverse tolerance in which the body knows being high so well that even if you smoke something thats not weed you can get high(placebo as someone mentioned) so it could be something like that. Also have you started maybe excersing more frequently or cutting down on fatty foods. Those things can help lower tolerance by getting rid of THC metabolites faster. Maybe its just how your body reacts but whatever the case may be you are quite lucky my friend.

12. I took a small break from weed a little while back and i also started eating less (started getting the munchies alot and gained alot of weight lol) so those might have been the causes thanks for the input.

13. About a five day break ^^^

14. what are you complaining about again?

15. LMAO word i would be jumping for joy.