Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting High Off Edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hooooops395, Jul 31, 2012.

1. How do you get high off edibles?!?!?! I ingested 1.15 grams of weed through brownies two weeks ago and didnt really feel high at all so i decided to give it another shot this week and ingested 3.0 grams of weed and still barely felt anyhting!!! Is my tolerance just to damn high from smoking? i smoke near everyday and usually 1.5g or more. What am i doing wrong? Thanks:smoke:

2. Ive also tried three other edibles before this with no luck lol

3. Firecrackers bro!! Their so simple, and should be what you experiment with before moving onto more complex recipes. Get yourself some JIF Creamy Peanut Butter, Ritz Crackers, and OLIVE OIL. Pre-heat oven to 350F (Note, if your weed is soft, wrap it in tinfoil and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes to dry it up a bit) continue to preheat your oven to 350F.

1. Two ritz crackers, spread peanut butter on them, then sprinkle your FINELY GROUNDED(as close to dust as you can get it) and make sure the weed isn't to bunched up together. (0.5-1g needed of some fire, 2-4 grams of dirt/regs)

2. When you have your weed sprinkled onto the crackers, get your olive oil and dazzle a few drops and just cover your bud with the oil. It's ok for some oil to run off, when that happens, your good to go. Now place both crackers together to form a sandwich.

3. Wrap the cookie in TIN FOIL(FOIL IS A MUST!!!!!!!) Wait until your oven lets you know that it is preheated to 350. When its done, place the cookie(WRAPPED IN FOIL) on the top rack towards the back of the oven.

4. Bake for 20-25 min. 25 min for assurance that the THC gets absorbed. Take out your cookie and leave the foil wrapping on it, place it in the freezer for 5-10 min.

5. Eat and GET NUTS (pun is fucking intended)

4. I dont need recipes or anything, thanks though man Haha. I need ti figure out why im not getting baked when I ingest lots of weed :(

5. It's because of either two things.

1. You're burning off the THC by heating it to much

or

2. You're not using enough heat, and not giving it time to extract.

It'd be helpful if you can tell us what exactly your doing when you're cooking because for even an everyday smoker, 3 grams eaten by yourself would have you somewhere only someone who just ate 3 grams worth of bud in edibles should be.

BTW, making brownies take much more then 3 grams, A 1/4 is the LEAST amount you should be putting into a batch of brownies. If you're going to use 1-4 grams, more single serving methods are what you're looking for because if you're making 12 brownies out of 3 grams , you're getting virtually nothing.

What steps did you take bro?

PS: I highly, highly recommend that recipe I posted above. I used this last night, and no lie dude, I was high for almost 12 hours.

6. Each brownie had 1.5 grams in it and I took 2. We used a half to make the brownies and I think we made them right because my friend took them and said he felt them a lot both times. And we are following applesoft recipe and using thermometers ti make sure the thc is being heated/extracted properly.

7. I get you. It could be due to it not being evenly distributed. I had that happen, where I made brownies, and I took some and I felt it, but some of my friends who ate it, didnt feel it at all. I never really knew how one would know that there's exactly so and so grams in a brownie. Unless ofcourse, theres some math involved which is def not my high point.

8. Well hypothetically there should be 1.5g in each brownie because I put a half an o in and got 9 brownies, but yeah, maybe it is because It wasn't evenly distributed?

9. Yeah because when you're mixing that shit up, you don't actually see it. more butter/oil could be gathered up in one section of the brownie, then the other side. Next time, just stir that bitch up for 5 min

10. Ohhh, if it is the mixing that would effect distribution then it isn't the distribution because we make sire every instruction is followed to the t and we nixed all the ingredients together for about 5 minutes

11. #11 GrungeJunkie, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    yeah, make firecrackers so you KNOW just how much you're getting, and eat like two or three grams with those mothafuckas.

Also I recommend using natural peanut butter if you do, because the essential oils have not been processed out and this means you don't need to worry about olive oil.

12. Hey man I know your problem, don't listen to these people, I have the same problem, I jut can't get high off edibles and it's bc of the edibles, it's ur metabolism, it's slow so the edibles don't hit, ur prob a pretty big bug correct me if I'm wrong, is a big guy too with a slow metabolism, and I made brownies with 10 grams in the batch, I had a brownie and I didn't get high, they were good brownies too, they had Girl Scout cookies, which is such a good weed, and it didn't get me high but everyone I sold it to got tucked up, it's a terrible thing but yeah edibles just won't work for u

13. I just got done addressing this in another forum and don't listen to the guy above ^^^^ there is still hope! Just read this post!
    "

I have great knowledge when it comes to edibles not working on my body! I have a fast metabolism and I have GI problems on top of that. Meaning food gets passed through a lot faster than normally, makin it hard to digest food fully. I have been making edibles for quite some time now and experimented with different dosages and different mediums of extraction for my edibles. And the funny things is, it hadn't had anything to do with the method of cooking it or dosages, and here is how I solved my crisis of not being able to medicate with edibles. Eat a full meal and let your stomach set for 15 minutes then eat your edible of choice. This will give your body plenty of time to break down and absorb the THC into your body! Hope this helps you out like it helped me!
    "

• Like Like x 1