Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

getting high makes me tired and sleepy

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by werixo, May 2, 2012.

1. can anybody help everytime I try to get really really high I end up tired and falling asleep? I've tried different strains indica and sativa same thing. Maybe im taking too much omega 3's or maybe I need a t=break ?

2. If you smoke too much, you will experience a come down.

3. Welcome to the wonderful world of smoking, either drink some water and do something. Or just if you get tired smoke some more that usually works for me :) :smoke:

4. so maybe im trying to get too high? It's weird cause I wasn't like this before

5. I think your bodies natural reaction to too much weed is sleep.

You could try using a vaporizer, on a lower temperature, you can better control the cannabinoids you recieve and you may not get as sleepy.

Also how is your diet/lifestyle?

6. try smoking a bit less each session.

7. I actually use a vape if I smoke it makes me even more sleepier. My diet right now is not that great been skipping alot of meals but I do work out alot.

8. Smoking less works but the high only lasts like for 45 min. And I dont get that high.

9. Maybe your "sativa" is an indica, you won't really know for sure unless you grow or go to dispensaries

10. well if you're skipping meals and working out a lot then there is the problem. you are using all your calories in working out and daily activities, the amount of calories needed varies on your amount of physical activity. so try not to skip some meals and see what happens, unless you're in a hardcore diet :rolleyes:

11. You might be right thks:hello:

12. Try an energy drink while you toke or maybe have a couple beers. I've been smoking for years and I still get high before I burn out.

13. The only way I got used to not sleeping and feeling tired when high,is by forcing yourself not to sleep.Find something good to do (take a walk).Stay awake from the beginning until the end of the high.Get used to it.In a couple of day's the problem will be solved,and you won't have any problem's like this.

14. I read somewhere awhile ago that certain chemicals in weed cause your brain to release a chemical that you normally would to fall asleep, that's the only explanation. :D

15. Chill with some people, a lot of times solo toking I end up napping but with friends I usually never do.

16. this was my biggest problem with weed. However after smoking everyday for a few years I basically get high and then feel completely normal after I come down, and I haven't noticed a serious tolerance issue which is one of my favorite things about weed.

17. I've been wondering about this, too. Tokin' Island Sweet Skunk (sativa) all afternoon yesterday and by the third bowl I could hardly keep my eyes open.

It could be the altitude as I just came back from sea level.

18. do something dont just sit and watch tv. i dont get sleepy but if i smoke and then do something theres no way im sleepy, more awake than if i was sober.
    shoot i use weed when im so sleepy i cant stay awake lmao. then i stay awake cause im high? like if im pulling an all nighter ill smoke to keep me awake. maybe its just me.

19. I usually drink a red bull n i'm straight. I get so tired from smoking I'll dip if i'm not home n go to sleep

20. I sometimes do this but i gotta keep hitting my bong all through the night, after i blaze im usually good for like half hour feeling really ripped and not tired but then i gotta blaze again after or ill just burn out hard and pass out on the computer