Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

getting high from second hand smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ccd1928, May 15, 2010.

1. I was at a concert a couple weeks ago and the person behind me was smoking marijuana. I didn't notice him till near end of the show and never really noticed if i felt any different. And i was wondering if it is it possible to get high from second hand marijuana smoke?

And i was wondering if i did get a wee bit high from that, would i get high my first time i smoke? I plan on smoking for the first time some time soon. I've read about not getting high the first time you try it because of your tolerance and stuff. Thanks for your time.

2. I got REALLY high my first time, you'll enjoy it. Just make sure you have a buddy with you for your first time, and make sure you know how to inhale correctly.

3. i've been in a car while it was being hot boxed and i wasn't taking hits, but i found myself to be spacy and giggly so for me it kinda worked, coulda just be a placebo in my mind but someone else pointed out that i was showing signs of being kinda high so idk.

4. It's possible but I don't think second hand smoke in open air would get you high at all. And yeah the first few times I smoked (like 3), I didn't get high, but I'm also pretty sure I wasn't inhaling correctly. If you wanna make sure you do it right, draw smoke into your mouth, then inhale really deep with your diaphragm and pull it into your lungs.

5. hotboxing a car yeah, you could probably get high. but in a open space i doubt it .
    unless he was giving you blowback.

6. I got high my first time, but you can't get high from secondhand smoke in open air.

7. I've read that ~90% of the cannabinoids are absorbed after just 4-5 seconds in the lungs, so I really doubt that the small percentage left when exhaled is enough to get another person high via second-hand.

8. You don't have a tolerance to something you have never done. You gain tolerance from repeated use. Most people don't get high the first time because they don't inhale properly.