Getting high for science

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Trichocerus sp., Dec 4, 2009.

1. Hello,

I'm a novice farmer in SoCal, and I have been researching free organic fertilizers on the internet. There is a consensus on the web, I have found, that human urine is "liquid gold" for farmers. I've been pissing on the dirt around my plants (corn, tomatoes, potatoes, guavas, and flowers) and no adverse effects have been noticed. I never use chemical fertilizers, just horse poo and my own urine. My plants are doing great!

While researching other potential free fertilizers, I discovered a consensus that wood ash is an excellent fertilizer high in minerals not found in urine, so mixing human pee with wood ash creates a kickin' fertilizer high in important nutrients!

Human Pee With Ash Is a Natural Fertilizer, Study Says

Interestingly, nearly 100% of the info I found on BONG WATER as fertilizer was on stoner forums. That's not the interesting part, but this is: Almost everyone says it's a bad idea, but there's not science behind these claims. Now, I live in California, USA, where marijuana is finally accepted as medicine and a bit a research is being done. But pot is illegal for most people, and the scientific community is missing out on lots of opportunities.

Now, the science experiment.

Three young Trichocerus pachanoi will risk their lives for the good of mankind. Circumference at the base, height, and colour will all be noted in a notebook. Every two weeks I will water them with equal amounts of water. One will receive pure clean H20 with no fertilizer, and two will receive bong water. One year from now I hope the experiment will be over, with enough evidence to stake a claim about bong water as fertilizer.

The hypothesis: The cacti watered with bong water will grow faster, bigger, and greener than the control (clean water), and the increase in growth will be proportional to the nastiness of the bong water.

Please stay tuned over the next year. Status reports will be posted monthly.
    Any tips? Questions? Advice?

-Trichocerus

2. Keep us updated sounds intresting. You way want to try it on faster growing plants for faster results. Doesn't urine contain ammonia which is harmful to plants?

3. haha COOL.

Keep us posted!

4. lol one time i had a bamboo plant.
    me and my friends were smokin in my room and one friend said dude i bet if you pissed in your bamboo plant it would grow faster from all the nutrients.
    so i pissed in it and it died 2 days later.
    lol
    im sooooooo baked

5. How much money do you want to bet that when this guy eats his tomato,potato,corn, and guava salad, it tastes like piss?

6. What makes you think the bongwater would do anything to increase growth?

Apart from maybe the increased nitrogen content in the ash.

7. man, cacti are definately the wrong plant to try this with. if it works at all, youre going to burn the cacti

look at the substrate they grow in. even for gardeners, theyre considered to be a "no maintennance" kinda plant ;)

8. ^^ True dat

9. I think you need to mix the pea with a high phospho and sulfur ash to pull out the ammonia and provide a variety of micro nutrients. It's a whole chemistry thing that is beyond me for the moment.

10. I guess your diet changes the effectiveness of the piss, so i'd try eating/drinking different things that are gunna maximize the urine power!

11. Sounds like a cool idea. Not sure what's the variance in the quality of health of plants even when grown in exact same conditions, but provided it's small enough, you may actually be able to conclude something new from your experiment. Keep us posted.